1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rev Sound problem

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Henrik Lauridsen, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Hello,

I have a problem with several cars, when I rev the car the sound dissapears on throttle and the appears again when off throttle. Has this something to do with the timing of the sound in the .aud file.

2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

I haven'ty heard that before. Is this something that has just started, gotten worse or happened right after installation?

3. Steam: Check you game files. If it doesn't help or it's offline version, re-install. If it's mod, try finding an update, some have sound bugs. It's definitely software oriented, most likely corrupt .aud or missing sound files.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The only time I had this was when, as suggested by Kennett, the mod I was using was not playing the engine sounds correctly. So if they're mod cars you're using, make sure they're installed properly. If they're stock cars then try reinstalling the game.

5. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium Member

I had once this problem too for one mod ... and finally found an error in the .inccar file:
    the name of .aud file mentioned after Sounds= .... was not the right one compared to the one being present in the mod.

6. Thanks to everyone for helping :)

Problem solved, there was a missing line in the .aud file, in the Golf IV R32. Now it sounds great :)