• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Retro Series Release

Discussion in 'Team ORSM' started by ea_silver_ghia, Mar 2, 2017.

1. ea_silver_ghia

ea_silver_ghia

Ratings:
    +64
    As this mod is pretty much a constant work in progress that I plan to add to for some time to come, I decided to release what I've done so far. I set them up to work alongside Doug's Custom Series although my naming and folder structure is a bit different, and his cars are more modernised (ie. later wheels, numbers on windows rather than doors). I've tried to make them as accurate as possible, although due to a lack of high resolution photos, there will be a few minor inaccuracies. I've still got garage signage and race suits to complete as well, but they will come at a later date. Any future additions, improvements will be added to this thread. Enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/tu1018ck2adb6m2/RetroSeries_v0.5.1.rar

Here's the 2nd pack of cars to go with this mod. Hope you all enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/jlfsqeqz91cb1oj/RetroSeries_part2.rar

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Russo997RSR

Russo997RSR

Ratings:
    +2
    WOW fantastic job ea_silver_ghia. Thank you very very much.

3. Courtney22

Courtney22

Ratings:
    +0
    love the series!!! but cant get the cars to show up in game?? where do i put them for them to work

4. ea_silver_ghia

ea_silver_ghia

Ratings:
    +64
    I just realised I made a mistake when I set it up, and didn't set the folders up correctly. I've now reuploaded it, with it fixed up so just unzip the new archive (new link in the first post) straight to the rFactor folder. As an added bonus it also includes Seton's 2002 Ford Credit Falcon. If you have Doug's Custom Series mod, they will appear with it. Otherwise they will appear in the "V8Factor Unleashed All Seasons" mod.

5. Courtney22

Courtney22

Ratings:
    +0
    hi I was wondering when the next update is due. loving the old cars

6. ea_silver_ghia

ea_silver_ghia

Ratings:
    +64
    There's a new stack of cars coming, most likely in the next week! I'm just applying the finishing touches to a couple of cars.

7. mceci1

mceci1

Ratings:
    +11
    Well done EA. Your work is appreciated

8. Courtney22

Courtney22

Ratings:
    +0
    awesome cant wait for the update

9. ea_silver_ghia

ea_silver_ghia

Ratings:
    +64
    A new stack of cars has been added to the first post. Hope you all enjoy them!

10. Russo997RSR

Russo997RSR

Ratings:
    +2
    WOW awesome job ea_silver_ghia. Thank you very much

11. Troy Game

Troy Game

Ratings:
    +0
    Im just asking you should do some complete season skins like from the car templates you are using or you could even do the 2006 templates and make like the full 1996 season to 2002 season because that would be so cool and you could even do the 2013 season skins to 2014 on rsm but its your choice and i really love your content

12. mceci1

mceci1

Ratings:
    +11
    I like the idea of 1996 to 2002 but it would be hard to get the pictures for it to do complete skins, some could be done but not the privateers most likely as I know how hard the photos are to find for it

13. ea_silver_ghia

ea_silver_ghia

Ratings:
    +64
    I've thought about it but that is a LOT of work, and this is only a bit of a side project for me. It's the little things that add time to making these. As it is, I wouldn't say these skins are 100% accurate as there are always some small logos I just can't make out, and as mceci1 said the privateers can be a real issue to find photos. A while back, I split them into their individual seasons, and there just weren't enough cars to keep them that way, hence why they're all grouped together. One day I might have enough to do that but I doubt I'll get that many. I prefer doing them on the FG/VE platform as I think they look cooler that way plus they're higher quality models.

As for the rsm mod, I did do a few 2013 skins for it. They are a bit tricky to make though as the models tend to distort logos etc. at various locations, and I've never been 100% happy with the proportions of the models, so I did get over it a bit.