1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro Pack & F3000 @ Hillclimb - Saturday June 25, 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by RaceDepartment, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaceDepartment

Administrator Staff

Server name:
    Required RACE 07 expansions: Retro Expansion Pack
    Class: Various Cars
    Track: Hillclimb

Session One (classic cars from Retro Pack)
    Practice: 18:00 GMT
    Qualification: 18:55 GMT (one attempt)
    Race 1 & Race 2: 19:00 GMT (staggered start)

Session Two (F3000 cars from RACE 07)
    55 minutes (starts directly after Session One)
    Qualification: 5 minutes (one attempt)
    Race 1 & Race 2: Staggered start

Password: click here

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

Saturday we will organize our first hillclimb event. A full evening of racing with two sessions of escalating fun! First session we will drive with the new old cars from the Retro Pack to get used to the track. Session two will be BRUTAL as we will roll out the F3000 and race the hill with massive power!!
    For this event we kindly ask all drivers that want to participate to login to teamspeak. As the races will be individual with staggered starts it would be great if we can all hook up on TS3. Click here for a detailed instruction how to get your teamspeak running.

Ok take it away dudes and rock those sideburns!!
  2. Maybe later...
  3. Is there any specified car for session one or do we just choose one
  4. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

hehehe man i can't wait :banana:
  5. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

Can we have a session on Sunday as well? I am sure a lot of us already made arrangements for this weekend races. I have a race starting at 18:00GMT and it's really a tough choice between the two, but I signed up for the other race a long time ago.

In addition, I believe the hill climb lends itself to offline racing as well. We could race on our own time and post our times here and upload them to the simbin servers for verification (I think it's called "hot lap" or something like that - I am downloading the software and I can't check)

In any event, that system would prevent cheating to an extent and would allow us to compete on our schedule.

Just an idea and I'll do my best to attend.
  6. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Oh I am sure we will see the return of the good old hotlap week back anytime soon with timing etc :) Then you can do hotlapping on a hillclimb server anytime you like :)
  7. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

I just did a run on my brand new installation and it's really a lot of fun. But I see the format is a bit different than I thought. I like it though.

I actually did my second "race" with the H shifter, Right foot braking and no clutch. Is too bad that one cannot prevent folks from using paddles (and the auto clutch is a joke, you can still shift clutch less anyway). But if some folks want to race on boy scout honor with h Shifter and no clutch (meaning no LFB either) I think it would be a lot of fun. Just like in the old days :)

By the way, my time was lousy, but with a bit of practice it will feel a lot more authentic.
  8. Bram

Awesome movie Yves!!
  9. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up and running guy's, let's have some fun :banana:
  10. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

11. Bram

Already taken care off :)
  12. Why oh why i'm so skint that i haven't got 5€ in my account to get Retro-pack.. :(
  13. Yves gonna sign out just in case im not back in time. One of my workers just called in sick i will work my backside off to get back

EDIT: managed to just get back in time :p
  14. got kicked from server in race 2. was fun though thank you all
  15. Thank you for a good event, just too few people. We ran the "Retro Max" cars the first round and the "Retro cool" cars the second round (instead of F3000). Yves and I were close the whole time, often only a few tenths separated us.
    Great cars and a great track.

If someone wants to beat our times, they were about low 3:09's with the "max cars" and low 3:23's with the "cool cars", IIRC.
    Hope to more racers next time =)
  16. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

I came out for a bit for practice session and hillcimbs are alot of fun! I'm too tired, had to leave server.(got off work at 7am) didn,t go to sleep yet. I'll be back on Thursday.
  17. My game crashed during second quali and game wouldn't start up anymore, was too lazy to reboot my system to fix it, sorry for not coming back =/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.