1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro Night @ Road America - Saturday 4th May 2013

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by David Buxton, Apr 28, 2013.

1. David Buxton

David Buxton
    Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RETC
    Car: WTCC87 & Retro Max
    Track: Road America
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Retro Pack

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:20 GMT: Qualification
    20:35 GMT: Warmup
    20:40 GMT: Race (2 x 22 Minutes)

Note 1: Race 1: WTCC87 - Race 2: Max Cars
    Note 2: After race 1 leave the event and rejoin in your second car for race 2

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

2. David Buxton

David Buxton
    Premium Member

3. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

sign me up please :)

4. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

sign me up please :)

5. I think I can make this. I certainly love me some Road America, being my "home" track here in Wisconsin.
    I've got another race at 4pm local on the 4th, but this race starts (if I'm doing this right) at 2:40pm local, and thus should be done by 3:30pm .. giving me enough time to join the practice for the Dodge Challenger practice and get used to that overpowered slippery beast before quals at 4pm.
    So yeah, sign me up .. unless I've got my calculations wrong. .. In that case just slap me around a bit.
    ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Sign me up.

7. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

8. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

would be nice to have a few more sign up ;)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Well I've just bought the Retro Pack so I should be good for this.

• Like Like x 3
  10. I might do this but will decide tomorrow as I don't know if I have the time due to studies and leagues.

Hope I can make it even though I don't like the track :redface:

• Like Like x 1
  11. is this really all we've got for this? awww. Where IS everyone? :(

12. Pete Bone

Pete Bone
    Premium Member

Go on then, sign me up.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sign me up please, will make at least 1 of the races :)

14. Sorry guys, I had to pull out. With such a small field ... well, I'm just not seeing it as very much fun to drive alone in the back of the field for 40 minutes, waiting to be lapped and then trying to stay out of the way without causing an incident. :(
    Also, I was running qual laps when I noticed no one else had a qual time yet. Turned out I had de-synced or something, and wasn't actully IN the game with everyone. By the time I noticed and got into the game, I didn't have enough time to actually complete a qual lap. Not that I would've qualled ahead of last anyhow.
    I just don't understand how I'm running like 8-10 seconds slower than the leaders; even 2 seconds behind the guy in front of me!! Where the heck are you guys picking up that time? I feel like I'm already driving the car to its limits. If I push my brake zones or try to come out of the corners faster, I go off track or spin.
    I dunno. guess I just really really suck.

15. would love to join but race started already? strange....

16. I'm about to try and get in but if what you say is true, perhaps the time in the first post was meant to be 1900GMT not 2000GMT :(

17. I'm terribly sorry guys, I was hoping that I would be able to finish the first race and then pull out as dinner was almost ready.

Unfortunatly dinner was ready 5 minutes before the end of R1 and my dad said that it had allready been placed on the plate so no time to wait so I had to pull out.

Had a great battle with Pete on the opening lap and he got a first hand view of my problem with this track :p

After that off I caught up to Rui and decided that the best chance I had at some fun was to race with him and I hope he enjoyed it as much as I did. It was good fun for the time it lasted and I hope that we can meet up again soon :)

Thanks for the racing in R1 and I hope you guys have just as much fun in R2 :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

R1: Had a good start, but soon was passed and i spent the rest of the race battling with Jonatan, which was great, after he leaving i just cruised to the finished, my tires were getting worn out.

R2: Had a good start, went to 2nd, but soon i was passed and went down to 4th, i then spun and lost contact with the car in front of me, once again i just cruised to the end. Sorry Yves for "running you over" when i went wide on the turn after the long straigth.

The races were really fun, hope i can make it next time :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  19. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

I think I need to learn along with Rui to "heel and toe". Pete and Yves were too fast for us.:alien:

But thanks Yves, to spin. I had a lot of fun to keep you in my mirrors.:confused:

PS: Jonathan, my dinner is in the microwave.:thumbsup:

See you next time

• Like Like x 2
  20. The problem is that my dad doesn't see that as an ok thing to do. As he works night and our only time to be together properly is during the evening dinner it sometimes clashes with SimRacing, this time it did :(