1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro Mini @ Macau, Monday, 17 February 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: Retro Cool, Mini ONLY
    Track: Macau
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Retro Pack

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (2 x 25 minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Nuno Rodrigues
    3. Arunas Linkevicius
    4. Sven-Arne Andersson
    5. Björn Golda
    6. Arne Dopudja
    7. Blaz Kosir
    8. Vaughn Stegeman
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  2. so no one?? I just love this track. Sign me in Dennis, if u please. Lets see whos got the guts :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Arunas

"Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

No Volvo and city track?! :cry:
    My joining in depends on working hours, so.. maybe I'm in..
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium Member

Sign me up please.
  5. so few?? guys this is awsome for a good fun race. Come on join us!! I I will for shure be the last at the end so have no fear :)))
  6. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Last-minute signup over here! :)
  7. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

Me and Košir will maybe attend. :)
  8. Reggie Blain Snr

Reggie Blain Snr
    Premium Member

Sign me in Dennis please
  9. Pretty sure I can give you a good battle for last LOL
    I seem to be awake, so I'll sign up ! :cool:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. im in
  11. ahahhaha, let´s go for it then :thumbsup::thumbsup:
  12. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Race report - short version: Yays! :)

Race report - long version:

Not liking Macau, I hadn't raced it in quite a while and thankfully put in a few laps yesterday. Entered the server early and guess what, it paid off - qualified P1 and started fairly well, though Nuno apparently managed to get around T2 a bit better and passed me on the straight and... went on to crash into the barrier after T3 - although he got right in front of me, I managed to carry on quickly and kept P1 until the end - my first win with RD ever :)

Starting from behind in the second race, I was in for some action on the first kilometers :D First, I saw Vaughn flying around after T2 (no idea what happened), then it seemed like it was Nuno to crash into T3's barrier again, though I was further behind so I'm not exactly sure what happened :) Plenty of time to react, I thought - not so much, as he backed up right into me - yikes. Happens. :)
    Went on to gain some places and found myself behind Dennis to bump into him in the latter part of sector 2 - sorry about that, hope I didn't break anything?
    Dennis let me pass easily the next lap and I tried to chase Dario, but apparently something in my Mini broke through the shenanigans as I was missing topspeed and losing about two seconds a lap to my fastest lap in race #1. Concentrated on keeping the gap to P3 and finished 2nd.

Great racing, would NOT have expected to have that much fun on Macau ;)
    • Winner Winner x 3
  13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Gongrats to @Björn Golda on his first win at RD!

Terrific fights in both races! I think though we may have gotten more air time than the snowboarders at the Olympics :O_o:. I had a tough time getting in to a rhythm each race but found it both times just befor faster guys caught me. I fight, I let pass. I like the drive!

Tough cars, I don't expect the other cars this week will take the bumps as well.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. This was fun fun fun.
    Few laps to practice and 3 or 4th place in qualify. Then race 1 made a mistake and spoon against the wall. The mini was not the same any more and start to lose the front guys. Race two got a good start but then again a mistake (i dont no for shure if someone touch me but it´s no big deal anyway). Again wrecked mini and just tried to hold 4th position to end. Negative? so few guys racing. U really dont even imagine what u missed
    • Like Like x 1
  15. another day of racing, another two DNFs <sigh>
    race 1: ran out of fuel about 1/2 lap before finish, DANGIT
    race 2: starting at pole .. not really sure how, but I drifted into the barriers on turn 2 and flipped the car.
    still was fun tho. enjoyed watching a few battles in race 2 after I was out.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Arunas

"Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

I was exhausted after hard day.. Getting late to come home.. I was lost my mood and faith in joining this race in time.. But somewhere in my mind somebody was whispering, that I must try!
    Quick unfold for my rig, one hand working with wheel and shifter mount, other clicking mouse... And YES! I'm in! 2mins to the end of qual :whistling:
    OMG! I've forgotten that it is Macau wheek.. I don't know this track..

Sorry guys, I'm falling asleep totaly :sleep: Shorting my story..

Was great race as always ;) I dont know my results and I dont care, it was great pleasure to race against You guys!
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

It's ofcourse me & Košir... We wouldn't ease off.
    • Haha Haha x 1