1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Retro Mini Friday @ Zandvoort: Friday, 28 March 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
    Car: Retro Mini
    Track:Zandvoort
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (2 x 40 minute races)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Nelson Ullinskey
    3. David Kingshott
    4. Vaughn Stegeman
    5. Wayne Hammond
    6. Justin Swan
    7. Nuno Rodrigues
    8. Arunas Linkevicius
    9. Matthias Klein
    10. Damian Millett
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!
    You MUST sign up for this race before 2000 GMT on Thursday, 27 March 2014
    or you will not be permitted to participate in P2 and the following sessions!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Put my name on the sign up list please. :thumbsup:

Also, please do not expect me to sign up for any other events this week. I would love to as Zandvoort is one of my favorite tracks in the world, but I have a LOT going on this week. :(

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. Please sign me up. Looking forward to racing with you then

4. 2x40 eh? Interesting. .. and these Retro Minis sure are a blast to throw around!!
    Put me down please. I have an innate fear of Zandvoort, so I think I have a better chance of finishing in a 2x40 min than in a single 80 min event LOL :p

5. Update: My chances of making this are slim, I might be able to jump into qualifying. However, do not remove my name from the list as I still want to do this.

One of the reasons why I will not been able to race a lot next week is because I swim a lot for exercise and because of Daylight savings time, the races and when I can swim are at the same time. It might not see like it, but this has been affecting me ever since daylight savings began back in early March. However, I believe by the last Monday of March, everything will straighten out and I will be able to race whenever I want and swim nearly every day. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Of course!

7. Wayne Hammond

Wayne Hammond
    Daisychainsaw

Throw me in the mix Dennis.

8. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

There's a good chance I might be able to make this one.

9. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues
    Premium Member

retro minis again????? SUBLIME!!
    2X40min??? FABULOUS
    very well worked out.

Where do i sign? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

10. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

I'm very busy these days/weeks/months, but I'll try to find some time for this event ;)
    Sign me in!

P.S. I'm not very happy with new early sign in format, I think it lost some of Racing club fun..

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Matthias

Matthias
    Premium Member

In please

12. I just want to say that if I am not there it is due to sleep issues.
    That said, I sure do intend to be here!

13. Damo

Damo
    Premium Member

Yes please :0)

14. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Sorry Dennis and all the others drivers. I'm not going to be able to make this much to my disappointment :( I don't think I'm going to be in until after 9pm which of course is too late. I can maybe join in race 2 if somebody can give me a headsup?

15. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Justin Swan, it's 20:48GMT and we just entered warmup.
    We will restart thee vent after the first race and go to Q when you're in!
    Look for the change to P1 in the server!

16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

17. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Sod it!! see you next Friday :(

18. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues
    Premium Member

Dont really know what to say. First race, too much time racing alone. Tires just blow at the end and almost lose the 2nd place. This one only possible cause there were so few drivers.
    Second race i made qualify with full tank and got 3rd. Then forgot how to drive and after hiting this and that (sorry guys) droped to last.
    Time to put myself together and resart from the back. When everything was going better just got lost conection :-(((
    Even so it was good for the batles in 2nd race!
    Congrats u all

• Like Like x 1
  19. Everyone, I have a confession :cautious:! Don't tell, but... I did not have any practice before the start of this event :p! I saw we could join in quali for race 2, so I figured to give it a go. I joined, put in half an out-lap then realized I had to check on a pie I was making :redface:! I took care of the pie, saw it was race time, loaded my Melbourne setup (based off of Dennis's) and entered the grid. I swear, the last time I felt this much apprehension for a start of a race had to be either my first ever race at RD back in November or my first Presto GP event. Any-how, had a great start. Learned the track quickly in the first three laps and I proceeded to put on a tremendous charge to finish second :confused:!

Had fun racing with everyone and I look forward to next week.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

This had to be one of my worst events ever. I like the track, not that I love it but it never treats me well. The little Mini just would not respond to anything I gave it, like training a dog that doesn't like food treats. Certainly this was not "racing" for me.

So, I was determined to finish. Practice and qualifying were total failures and I had no speed whatsoever. The best I could do in race 1 was to keep talking to David and Damian hoping to keep them fighting so I could gain by their losses, I'm as bad at that as I am at driving at times. Race two, the good news, Nelson got to race because we restarted so Justin could come in, Arunas got to rejoin as he had lost a connection! The bad news, Justin failed to come in. It seemed obvious that chatting up a fight was out any chance of working and I had a handful with Nelson for a while. Some people don't need a good car or a lot of practice, didn't we talk about that on TS guys? At least Wayne came through to make the race fun. I don't know if he had a car problem, was drunk or tired but we sloshed it out until we were the last car s running! Good fun there!