1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro Max @ SchottenRing 67 - Saturday 20th April 2013

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by David Buxton, Apr 17, 2013.

1. David Buxton

David Buxton
    Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RETR
    Car: Retro Max
    Track: SchottenRing 67
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Retro Pack

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warmup
    20:00 GMT: Race (2 x 22 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

2. David Buxton

David Buxton
    Premium Member

Entry List:
    1. Jonatan Åcerclinth
    2. Yves Larose
    3. Wayne Hammond
    4. Michal Szabo
    5. Brian Wallace
    6. Hamed Hajmolaali
    7. Pete Bone
    8. Roland Warmenhoven
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Retro Max Skinpack V1.0
    Submit Skins Here

3. David Buxton

David Buxton
    Premium Member

Server is up :thumbsup:

4. Now you are talking my Language David ;)

Opel for me please, love the Schottenring track :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

sign me up too please :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Sign me up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

we need more drivers, its gonna be fun guy's ;)

8. Wayne Hammond

Wayne Hammond
    Daisychainsaw

Gonna give this a shot, new track for me, so be watchfull.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Please, sign me up, thanks :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. BrianW

BrianW
    Premium Member

Sign me up - hopefully chores will be done before qualify

• Like Like x 2
  11. i'm in

• Like Like x 2
  12. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Sorry, i'm out. Have fun...

13. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

only 6 for this :( come on guy's join in it will be good fun ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pete Bone

Pete Bone
    Premium Member

Go on then, sign me up.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

I'll try this, please.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

Well that was short-lived fun I'm afraid... This track is way too complex to learn in a few laps (for me at least) so despite an hour of practice my timed Qualy lap was the first one within 30 sec. of the front guys:confused: .
    I had already crashed several BMW's before that though, and punctured a truckload of tyres. This Beemer seems a bit like a fragile car to me:unsure:

In R1 the gaps didn't seem that big, and as I didn't spin in L1 I even got as far up by then as 2nd place, from 7th..:) However I did spin after a while, and was immediately punished with a FL puncture. After limping to the pits, I apparently pressed the wrong button and was sent out again, with my puncture. So for safety reasons I decided to quit.

R2 was even worse, the reverse order put me in 3rd, and though I had a decent start, about halfway L1 the quick guys wanted to come through, I got a real gentle tap from one, but enough to sent me offtrack into a house. Engine dead. Race over.

Not quite what I had hoped for, but anyways Grats to all podium finishers, thanks all for racing, and thanks David for setting this up.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Pete Bone

Pete Bone
    Premium Member

The first race was great, i got pole but got done of the line by Michal. I followed him for most of the lap until he made a mistake and i was off into an 8 second lead before my pedals went beserk and gave me full throttle and no brakes just when i really needed them. I recovered and chased Yves down from 8 seconds to 4 then they did it again and i was back to 6. I pushed hard but could only close to within 1.5 by the line.

That 2nd race was a shocker. I got cleaned out by Jonaton early on then recovered and caught the rest. I was behind Brian when Yves clipped him which sent him spinning and collected me with him, then Wayne came along after recovering and had no-where to go and ploughed into the side of me. Race over, damage is not repairable......

• Like Like x 2
  18. BrianW

BrianW
    Premium Member

Not a good race for me - 2 DNF
    Course was a challenge - I seemed to lose focus after a short time
    Sorry to anyone that I happened to get in the way of - the field was fast !

• Like Like x 1
  19. Quite a fun evening I must say :)

I love this track, it might be a bit complex at places but it offers such a challange that being along on the track doesn't make it any less fun than racing with someone else :)

Q:

Couldn't get a lap in, was setting the car up as it was my first time with the Opel on the track, have done tons of laps with GTL and other old timer cars though so I knew the track well enough :)

R1:

Had a good start and tried to go between the car ahead but it almost ended all of us race so I backed off, sorry Roland for the tap, I hope you had no damage after it :unsure:

Tried to keep up with everyone and was running has high as 3rd I think before Michal caught up and tried to come up the inside after Yves had passed me a little earlier in a very nice move into the first Cobble Stone corner :thumbsup:

Unfortunatly Michal gave me enough of a nudge to end up in the scenery with a nice view of Waynes BMW who had also gone off there :confused:

Michal waited for me and then we had a couple of laps with some very good, hard but fair battles along the road, he being very much faster on the straights while I was slightly better in the corners :)

It ended after Michal managed to pass me and then we both ended up in the wall in the corner before the pit "straight".

Michal had to quit while I went in for a tire change and then spent a lap, maybe 2, not sure drifting my trusty Opel around the corners just for the fun of it, being over a minute both behind and ahead of the closest cars :)

3rd I think.

R2:

Good start again but didn't go as hard for the inside of the 2 cars on the row ahead but then gave Wayne a slight tap going down the first straight, sorry for that :(

Going into the first proper corner, the left hander and then a hairpin I didn't see Pete in my mirrors and I drifted a bit to wide in the lefthander and we made contact sending Pete into the barriers on the outside of the hairpin and I think out of the race. I'm terribly sorry Pete :(

I think it was Yves who made the contact with Roland as I passed him up the hills and then I tried to get contact with Michal while defending from Yves and managed to do so for about a lap or so and then I made a misstake at the Cobble road that the Opel didn't like.

I then, after another misstake, decided to wait for Brian to see if we could possibly have a little battle for the rest of the race but we ended up in the same wall as me and Michal in R1 :(

I again survived, I've hit that wall so many times I think it is in my instinct what I should do to not die when hitting that wall....

Again puncture and pitted. Spent the rest of the race to drift again but made a misstake at the pitstraight just before the finish by forgetting the hayballs on the outside of the track and had a spectacular crash :)

Thanks for the racing tonight guys, was enjoyable :)
    Thanks to David for setting this up :)
    And a Special thanks to Michal for the Race1 fight, enjoyed it very much :D

• Like Like x 3