1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro: Gerhard Berger's Monaco drifting

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Howard, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Howard

Staff Emeritus | F1 Engineer Premium Member

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Retro: Gerhard Berger's Monaco drifting

Continue reading the Original Blog Post
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

Lovely stuff and nice to have it highlighted. We can all do well to see some of the great talent around that is not so often remembered or spoken about.
  3. wow, when drivers really had balls. not that they're not going fast now, but I think you understand my point. going through corners like that, a real legend
  4. Nice article Howard! How good does that V12 sound?!
  5. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium Member

AHHH the memories of a bygone era, when drivers dictated race results not team bosses. Makes you wonder if Berger's performance at Monaco wasn't the start of the drift craze we enjoy today, awesome car control.

Thanks for this Howard, much appreciated mate.
  6. And such a much more beautiful car then those of today as well!
  7. thats formula 1 for me...not the cars nowadays with kers and drs **** and with V6 2014.
  8. Great piece....it is so good watching the drive pushing the limits....
  9. Ah. Lovely era of racing in general that. Maybe i have gotten old, but most racing of today doesn't entertain me in the same way anymore including F1. Racing is too clean and sterile today. Can't express it in other words, but it's a feeling of the cars being on parade like a product for the sponsors, rather than skillful racing.

There are series however that i think uphold the older spirit of racing however, like the V8 Supercars in Australia and the Formula Ford championships in GB. Tight, gritty racing, with drivers that actually race for the spirit of racing, not as part of a product package.

Also. Regarding the clip... . Oh yeah. DAT FERRARI!