1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro Cool @ Nürburgring Endurance, Monday, 11 November 2013

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: Retro Cool [no Mini]
    Track: Nürburgring Endurance
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Retro Pack, GTR Evo

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Race (3 laps)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Hamed Hajmolaali
    3. Arunas Linkevicius
    4. Aleksander Pienkowski
    5. Hamed Hajmolaali
    6. Matthias Klein
    7. Brian Wallace
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

This endurance layout allows a quick outlap for qualifying. Pitting is a bit more difficult but hey, it's another track.

When qualifying, leave the pit and go to where the entrance to the Nord's is but then go around the last turn of the GP track, being very careful of the barriers, and run to the start line which is a bit further down the track.

To pit, drive past the pit as you leave the Nord's and go around the "infield", after the chicane stay to the far right to enter the pit.
  3. yes please
  4. Arunas

"Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

Volvo time! I'm in
  5. :)Love these old cars! I'm in.
  6. I try bmw this time:whistling:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Not 100% sure to make it to the race yet, but sign me up please
  8. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

oh man, i won't be able to do this race, i would love to do it :cry:
    good luck for everyone who makes it, i'm sure you would love it :inlove:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Race length changed to 3 laps, Mondays are supposed to be easy :rolleyes:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Can't find any setup for BMW2002 for this track on Racedepartment. Does anyone have something reasonable?
  11. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Hey @Aleksander Pienkowski, Can't find anything either but @Rupe Wilson did post this setup up and would probably be somewhere near where you would want the car to feel. Remember of course that this setup may suit Rupe but feel completely wrong to your or my driving styles. Always better to try and get something stable with your own driving in mind. Having said that, you may jump in and feel straight at home with it?

Here it is anyway :)

12. BrianW

Premium Member

Sign me up
  13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Lots of space still left on the road if anyone else is thinking of joining!
    Easy track to learn in these cars!.
    Cars are slow, easy to drive.
  14. Thanks Justin. I found it too. Just tried it and it seems a bit better for me than the default Simbin one. The car is a bit more controllable but still far from the ideal. I guess that is the way it is with this car :laugh:.
  15. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

• Like Like x 1
  16. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

I might be able to make it but won't know until closer to the time.
  17. I would like to race tonight. Can't promise to be fast but trying to ease myself back to racing
  18. Ups! I didn't notice there was no warmup this time. I left my computer to do something. When I came back the race had already started :mad:
  19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Aleksander Pienkowski I'm sorry, I didn't notice that when I was practicing yesterday. The rest of the weeks races will have a warmup!

I've been having luck with my setups lately. I guess I'll post more when I think I've done a good job.

I had a good BMW and tried the Volvo today. I liked the way it got to top speed and though it had only a 4 speed it really had grunt, I chose it over the better handling BMW. I put the setup from the BMW in it but had to raise the spring rates and also stiffen the rear rebound rates. I knew I could put in a good time. didn't know it would be fastest in P2 but that's not the race. I was really, really happy that Matthias outdid me in Q, I was going to DQ if he didn't as I didn't want to have pole and then lose the race by driving "normally" :giggle:. BTW I did Q and the race with 51l of fuel on board, never got to do a fuel calc :speechless: that might explain my pace in the race, a bit quicker than Arunas and Matthias.

And, it was my normal race. A bad start and early on I rode a curb and lost a lot of time and a few places. Gathered back up and chased Matt and Arunas down. During L2 was close and getting closer when I :notworthy::speechless::sick: did it again and lost all time gained. All the time watching the two in front, it had to get messy at some point and I did good, closing. They did it, I didn't! But I didn't let it go :D and all I had to do was to stay in front of Matthias :giggle::giggle::giggle:. I watched bodywork fly off the car as we battled, this guys is so tough. The race was was at such a neuro-synaptic overload point [:confused:] several times and it was going to be close at the end. Matthias wanted to slow and give me the win but it didn't happen[and I thought you were hard core]. I did have a great pace and the fastest lap of the race[very proud of that] but Matthias won and he did it driving the worst of the two cars.

Everyone finished, at the Green Hell, that's a fine race :thumbsup:.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Arunas

"Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

Great race! I was in heaven with clutch and H-shifter in this green hell ! What? Heaven in hell :O_o: Yes it was :whistling:
    I think I was faster than Matthias and Dennis in first part of the track and much slower in second, main problem is that I need more practice with clutch and downshifting.
    Intense battle from the beginning with Matthias for P1, we were smoking tires and changing paints turn after turn. Somehow we managed to fit side by side in this track, until L3, where i dived into the corner near Matthias, and my maneuver forced him to go out the track. While i was waiting Matthias to past me, Dennis jumped to P1, so my battle was ended in P3.

Nice racing layout :)

Smoking tires with Matthias

Dennis flying with aerodynamic improvements to his Volvo, while I'm waiting Matthias to pass.
    • Like Like x 1