1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro Cool & Max @ Magny-Cours - Sunday 24th July 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Chris Butcher, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Server name:
    Required RACE 07 expansions: Retro Pack
    Track: Magny-Cours (default track)
    Password: click here

Race 1:
    Retro Cool
    Practice: 19:00 GMT
    Qualification: 19:20 GMT
    Warm-up: 19:30 GMT
    Race: 19:40 GMT (25 mins)

Race 2:
    Retro Max
    20:05 GMT
    20:25 GMT
    19:35 GMT
    20:45 GMT (25 mins)

Note 1: Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session. If you don't agree with something that happened during the race, file a race report with the organiser including a video of the incident.

Note 2: Licensed members are encouraged to share screenshots and videos from the race. We also encourage you to use Teamspeak

Signup List

To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

2. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Well its a bmw or a Volvo (what no mini) and a stingray for me. all i got to do now is put in some laps....
  3. I'll be there. Shame its not the Nordschleife :wink:

Put some performance ballast in the minis !! Dont see the point of having half a grid that is 2-3 secs faster than the other choices. It just makes everyone choose minis :sheep:
  4. I'll try a Volvo, and my favorite Camaro, hope for a good setup for the Camaro if you Guy's have one??
  5. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

better still, 3 races in total
    race 1 Mini, cool
    race 2 RWD cool,
    race 3 Max
    only a suggestion for the future ( ballesting cars never works right from what ive read)

will be online testing, same pasword as above, if any body wants to join me

im going to give this little thing a try and see if it helps in creating setup for me http://www.race2play.com/special/setup_tool any body used it ....(so far i like what it saying )
  6. where do u download the track and car pack?
  7. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

RACE 07 expansions: Retro Pack ...from steam or raceroom (dlc cost money)
    Track: Magny-Cours 06 (default track) wtcc
  8. Matt Cox

Matt Cox
    Premium Member

As far as tracks go though it's a bloody good second best! :)Good idea with the minis. I took the BMW last time I raced, but thinking about using the mini for that very reason.
  9. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Have you tried racing the mini with ballast... if so can you tell me what is a good weight .. been playing around and its not working how id expect.. all over the place .... as if it cant handle it (test and compare)

I did 15 laps in a volvo p1800 Best lap 2.09:771
    I did 15 laps in a Mini Best lap 2.06:892

So far ive put in 105 kg ballast in the min, ive done 6 laps and im in the 2.09:9?? tyres seem to be a little hotter and it feels better in the later part of the lap (less flighty in the S'es)

A better driver may get totally different results.
  10. Matt Cox

Matt Cox
    Premium Member

As far as Max goes, gonna run the Corvette. The 4 gears with such a long range it seems weird to drive, but oh so fun. :)
  11. Hi Rupe, the Amazon is'nt bad atall, did a few laps 2.07.454
  12. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

hello, id better get some practice in. im going with the p1800, 20 laps later 2:07: 354 (2:08 average)
  13. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up!
  14. Matt Cox

Matt Cox
    Premium Member

May not make the first race, but hopefully I can. Will definitely be there for race 2 though!
  15. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

No problems Matt.

Minidump as I went to the Grid. Have a good race 1 guys, see you in 25 mins :)
  16. I had a good race in the minis , until my pedals slipped further and further away, then thought it was end of race on lap 13 and escaped.
    Not doing 2nd race,gotta go out now.
    Thanks for the racing .
  17. These cars were fantastic at Magny Cours, great fun :cool:

Race 1 was over before it began for me, think Yves lost it (or was pushed!) down into turn 3 and all i saw was a big pall of smoke then yves bmw side on across the track. Tried to avoid but ripped my front left corner off. Dragged it round to the pits with 3 wheels but it was race over.
    Race 2 was excellent in the max cars. Qualied a good 3rd, made a good start up into 2nd. But up at the hairpin 2 cars had contact at the apex and i was blocked off on the outside by them, allowing about 4 cars to nip through past me on the inside. Then chased a few down and got my way upto 3rd but couldnt catch the two guys up front as had a 10+ sec gap to them. The CSL was great fun sliding around the corners.

Shame about the low turn out? about a 1/3rd of the normal retro turn outs ?? Still think the evening drags on too long. The sessions could be cut down a tad, like warmup down to 5mins. 8pm until 10.40 is mad.
  18. Matt Cox

Matt Cox
    Premium Member

I missed race 1, but managed to join for race 2.

It was a fun, but frustrating race for me. I qualified 2nd whih I was very pleased with, but got a bit too much wheelspin off the line and dropped to 3rd into the first sequence of corners. There was a bit of argy bargy at the hairpin on the first lap, but didn't lose too much time. I was happily sitting in 3rd for just over half the race, but I kept running wide at one point on the circuit and eventually ended up with a stop/go penalty. I served it and then on the outlap I got a bit of a twitch on and ended up with another one!

I do enjoy these Max cars, they move around alot and you just have to grab them by the scruff of the neck. :)
  19. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Miserable races for me. minidump before race 1 started.

Race 2 got a good launch from last on the grid, was 6th by T1, and 2nd coming out of T3. Lost out to Yves when I ran wide through the fast chicane, so now I was in 3rd. A mistake in the same corner later on put me in the barrier.

I also owe Appie an apology.

As I was playing with the pitboard to repair my damage, I was oblivious to what was going around me. I was going straight but in the middle of the track, which may have been confusing. Cars suddenly appeared in my mirror. Appie went around the outside and got on the grass resulting in a spin for him. I don't think he gained any damage but he quit out anyway. I followed suit.

Slight noobish moment for me there, so I extend my sincere apologies :(
  20. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Had a really good time, My times in the Volvo were not the quickest but over the cours of the day a got down to a 2:04:788, which for me was good. I was only about a second quicker in the mini. But it was still to slow in the race not getting below a 2:05.. Overall i met my goal,i cut out alot of little mistakes now i just need a bit more speed.

@Jekabs Elerts, (Save the attitube and typing skills to public servers, this is RD we dont do that stuff) And you didnt even sign up, it was just like you came in for a blast...

Race 2

Spent way to long playing with the Volvo, i had done a few laps in the vette and was about 10 sec 's quicker, i could not get happy with it. Had a good start but lost it in the first S'es. So i stopped till it was safe to come back on track, i was slowly clossing in on Appie (just like race 1) . That was cut short buy a yellow corvette( say no more) . "I waited for you Appie on the start straight" but you left the room.( I though i was going to hit your spinning camero) I was all alone at the back but i finished the race in one peice and a smile on my face.

All in all a good night let down by some silly things.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.