1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro Cool & Max @ Brands Hatch - Friday August 5th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Chris Butcher, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Server name:
    Required RACE 07 expansions: Retro Pack
    Track: Brands Hatch 07
    Password: click here

Race 1:
    Class: Retro Cool (excluding Mini)
    Practice: 19:00 GMT
    Qualification: 19:20 GMT (10 minutes, unlimited laps)
    Warm-up: 19:30 GMT
    Race: 19:35 GMT (20 minutes)

Race 2:
    Class: Retro Max
    Practice: 20:00 GMT (5 minutes)
    Qualification: 20:05 GMT (10 minutes, unlimited laps)
    Warm-up: 20:15 GMT
    Race: 20:20 GMT (20 minutes)

Note 1: Text chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session. If you don't agree with something that happened during the race, file a race report with the organiser including a video of the incident.

Note 2: We are classing the green on the exit of T1 as part of the racing surface. It is against the rules to force someone off the track so please give people racing room here. This includes allowing them to rejoin the Tarmac, even if you are on the inside. However you don't have to give more than a car's width.

Note 3: Licensed members are encouraged to share screenshots and videos from the race. We also encourage you to use Teamspeak

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

2. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Format change - this time we are going to exclude the Mini. Hopefully this will balance things out a bit better.
  3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

We can but see....

Its the Volvo P1800 and a Opel this time
  4. Look forward to this one. 20mins is great, 80mins is just too much for an old,n!
    What about a mini Retro only race, just luv those little things,they are very realisic, used to own a Mini Cooper S 1340 way back in the early 70,s. Doors used to flap at around 80mph but after that it was great :)
  5. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Was thinking of doing that also at some point :)
  6. Count me in please as a maybe. I will have to find out how to install the retro pack (i am not so handy with these things).

7. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

8. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Hi Marcel. Purchasing the Retro Pack is as Rupe said :)

Please press the "sign in" button on the top post to add yourself to the list and take part :)
  9. Nice. So my dog must pi later.
  10. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Looking forward to this one,
    Its also good to hear we will have a mini only event and some mixed....
    Id beter not forget to take the mini out for a spin might need it another day...
  11. At this point it seems I can make it, so I've signed up!
  12. This one rule has put me off signing up for this event. I would join if it were more accomadating than it sounds.
  13. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

What do you mean? It wouldn't result in a ban of any kind, probably just a warning over PM. You wouldn't be kicked from the server unless you were constantly chatting. I'm sure you can appreciate chatting is pretty distracting, it actually concerns me you have a problem with this rule.

It has actually been a requirement of RD events for some time, as we want to promote clean racing and give people the opportunity to do that - if we can remove one cause of distraction I don't see the problem with it, and I have never seen someone else have any objections.
  14. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

As far as i see it, having made a comment about this. In free practice you can type away or talk on a RD teamspeak3, but once we go to qually, there no typeing ( if you wish to talk to another racer use a seperate chanel on tspeak3 or have your own system). in warm up for me typing is not a problem. but once we goto race, there is no typeing or talking.
    (apart from the use to hurry up people on the grid)
    ive noticed i get told to let them by for the first lap when racers go to the grid within the last seconds (or is it so my tyres are colder)
    And once every racer has finished then we can chat again. Please correct me if im wrong(this is how i understood it)

I also understand that to build a good community you have to talk to people. ( i just cant do both)
  15. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Correct :) The forum is here for you to talk on though :)
  16. I can see how it might be distracting, but I've never seen it cause problems in RD races before. In fact, if anything, it made the races more enjoyable for me when you could have a laugh with the others while on track. One example being me and the guy I was battling with were about to lap somebody, but we decided to make things more interesting, we'd have him join in the battle. And then once he started defending his position, the game started threatening to disqualify him for not giving way, so he rushed us past. I thought it was hilarious. :)

I've never seen the rule included in event descriptions, so I assumed things were getting a lot more strict, and you'd started coming down like a ton of bricks on anyone who so much as sneezed. Is that not the case?
  17. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Not at all. People who want to get involved in banter are more than welcome to - that is what Teamspeak is there for. Quite a lot of drivers would rather race without the chat, which is why RD enforces this. It has actually been an "unwritten" rule at RD for a long time, and I have only started including it on my events (and other staff members too actually) because we had a big problem with chatting during races recently. So the rules people race under haven't really changed, and it is what most people are used to anyway.

We would never come down like a ton of bricks first time - just a kind reminder, but if people ignore these then it becomes more serious. Indeed occasionally it might not even get looked at, if it isn't very serious.

I can't say this is the same for the rF club, as chatting is much more of a distraction as a big box pops up :p so they enforce it a bit more vigorously.
  18. Oh, I didn't realise that by 'chat', you meant the in game text chatting stuff... My mistake. :) Count me in.
  19. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Haha. No worries, perhaps I should make that more clear.

Better? :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.