1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro Cool @ Alpine Hills, Monday, 10 February 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: Retro Cool[Mini excluded]
    Track:Alpine Hills [download here]
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Retro Pack

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (2 x 25 minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Vaughn Stegeman
    3. Arunas Linkevicius
    4. Alex Walder
    5. Hamed Hajmolaali
    6. Björn Golda
    7. Andrew James
    8. Reggie Blain Snr
    9. Brian Wallace
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  2. Please sign me up =D
  3. Arunas

"Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

Volvo time! I'm in!
  4. Yes please! :D sign me up Dennis its BMW 2002 time :D
  5. i'm in.sign me up dennis
  6. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Phew.. can I have some rally-esque co-driver directions? :D

I'm in for this one. The rest of this week's events will likely be last-minute signups for me as important appointments could pop up rather spontaneously - I hope that's alright :)
  7. Nox

Staff Premium Member

I'm in!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Reggie Blain Snr

Reggie Blain Snr
    Premium Member

sign me in please
  9. BrianW

Premium Member

sign me up
  10. <sigh> I'm afraid I must withdraw from this one. Just got home and it's too late to join. Hope y'all have fun!
  11. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Well, that was some good fun, nice car, (generally) nice track and a good field of drivers :)

Qualified 2nd, started okay and went on with Dario & Dennis as Arunas "The Volvo" Linkevicius decided to stop for a moment to give us some kind of chance ;) He caught up rather fast, though and got me a few miles down the road. Went on to finish 2nd.

Starting from behind in Race #2, I had a fair bit of trouble hunting through the field - finishing 3rd only because of Dario getting stuck, in the end :)

Nice event - however, here's a quick PSA: The track seems to have quite a few landmines like this one, so I'm gonna try to stay as far off the edges as possible in the next few races:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Another great evening with everyone on RACE07, having never driven the track before I started race 1 in last position managing to stay with the pack on the corners that I did know, numerous offs on the first lap or 2 put me around 20 seconds away from the next person so I focused and managed somehow to make up the time thanks to taking all of the fast sections flat out, I finally passed him on the final corner and remained ahead for the rest of the race so I was happy with my result

Race 2 had me starting on pole position (Extremely shocking!!) I managed to get a good start and remained a few seconds ahead for the first few corners but was quickly put in my place by the top runners falling back to let Dennis and Bjorn past, another off on a corner put me back in last place and I was back to what happened in race 1 managing to catch the guy in front of me !:D

Im now more confident with the track so expect me on mini friday this week!
    Thanks again for Dennis organising all of these great nights! :D:thumbsup:
  13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

An amazing set of races! Very few casualties and some fine racing among the leaders. Tough, really tough and a few of thought that one race was enough, but we're RD tough!

I'm being inundated with PM's as drivers ask to have the Volvo banned from further events but should be ban the car or Arunas :D

I still have lots left to learn about this place, I just keep pushing harder and harder andI see the result. Lots more laps to do here.

Thanks to all that came out to play!
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

Which Volvo? :D
  15. Arunas

I just loved this combo! Despite hard work behind my wheel it was great pleasure! :inlove:

Early morning. Sun is shining. I am driving my Volvo with my family in it to the roadtrip with nice sightseeing, how suddenly we were surrounded by EVIL BMWEEEEEEEEES! :ninja: So I stepped pedal to the metal and was trying to run away, but they were chasing us! OMG! What they want from us! So I jumped to the woods trying to hide away and it worked, they all have passed unnoticed me. And I chased them down one by one :mad:
    But the second half of the day was a little bit different. They wanted for the DEATH RACE! :confused: Evil BMWeeeeeeeeees decided that my goal is to finish race in first position from the last, otherwise they will take away my beautiful Volvo and leave my family in the Alps :cry: They were trying very hard to stop me, they were always around me waiting to kill me :mad: They were very fast, way faster than guys in the morning. It was hell of the ride, but i did this! I've won! :laugh: I saved my Volvo! :laugh: Ohhh, and my family :redface:

Thanks for the great race guys!

P.S. I've heard strange voices in my head.. They were laughing, threatening me, sharing setups and etc.. Maybe it was because of TS :roflmao: Sorry for my strange English accent and lack of words :D See you next time on TS!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  16. Nox

Staff Premium Member

That was a super fun event. These cars were a blast to get around the track. I got swamped with cars too close going into the hairpin on lap 1, so I had to back off and let them through to avoid an incident. But then later that lap people were making mistakes, all over the place. I snatched back a couple of positions, and then started the great battle with Reg. We swapped positions with each other 4 or 5 times. One of us would make a mistake, then the other.

Then, on the lap before last, on the fast sweepers in the last sector, I made a mistake and went wide for a picnic under the trees. After a sandwich and a coffee, I got the car back on track, but it was in last place.

It was great fun, thanks everyone! I'll see you for Mini Friday.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Arunas Linkevicius , one "like" is not enough:
    :):p:D:roflmao::giggle::laugh::cry::inlove: :thumbsup:

But wait:......where are the pictures?
  18. Arunas

Sorry, but I'm out of time in these days..
    • Love Love x 1