1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Retro Cool – mini @ Le Mas Du Clos 2006, Thursday, 05 February 2015

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RETC
    Car: Retro Cool [Mini excluded]
    Track: Le Mas Du Clos [download here]
    Weather:
    Dry
    Games: Retro Pack

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. -Dennis Phelan
    2. -Enzo Fazzi
    3. -Nelson Ullinskey
    4. -Arunas Linkevicius
    5. -Reggie Blain
    6. -Reggie Blain Snr
    7. -Daniel Linder
    8. -Matthias Klein
    9. -Wayne Mitten
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  2. RaceProUK

RaceProUK
    Is it wrong to prefer FWD racecars?

I'm guessing no Minis because they're too slow?

3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@RaceProUK The Retro Mini actually RULES!
    Don't worry, we run as a separate car in other events.

4. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium Member

Sign me up! Although I hope more people join.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Put me down for this and Friday please, Retro Cool ought to be interesting around here.

6. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Volvo time! I'm in ;)

7. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

my dad and i will join

8. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

9. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

I have a few things to take care of tomorrow, but I should be able to join.
    To be on the safe side, put me up as a maybe.

10. Matthias

Matthias
    Premium Member

In please

11. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

I have never been a fan of cars that belongs in the Stonehenge era.
    Hey, don't give me that look!
    Sure, they are occasionally fun to take out for a spin, in my own pace, but to race with?
    Nope, I don't have a death wish, thank you very much.

BUT, I had fun today! Race one, started in 4th, and executed another good start.
    I got so excited so I forgot to shift to 2nd gear, for a second or two. So I instantly lost that precious little time that I gained from the start. After a few laps, @Nelson Ullinskey did what he was supposed to do with his Volvo, and crashed. And lets be honest here, that's only the reason why Volvo were invented in the first place. Act as a pure crash car :laugh:

That gave me the 3rd place, and thats were I finished as well.

2nd, race, started somewhere in the back but another good start and I were up to 4th.
    There were some incredible battles going on in front of me, and instead of pursuing and take advantage of it, I decided to just take it slow and see if I could capitalize on it later on. It did paid off.

Once again, Nelson did what he was supposed to, do so that gave me 3rd again. But a few laps after that, @Matthias took 3rd, when I had to tip-toe behind @Enzo Fazzi when he had his little moments here and there. A few laps later, he had a giant moment off, so that gave me 3rd again.

And thats where I spent rest of the race. Until the last lap, when I did something really dumb. I pushed little to hard in T1, and when I came over the crest, I had little to much speed, and didn't have 100% control of the car, so I smashed the tire barrier and received terminal damage.

That's when I wished I had a Volvo instead :laugh:

But overall, I had loads of fun. I think this combo worked great.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I pulled a setup out of a time trail at Machwerk, close but I was way off the pace with it until I took a big hammer to it. Sorry @Reggie Blain Snr , I didn't have anything to pass on fast enough.

Lucky to get a good time in, happy with what I got.

R1: Only one off for the whole race that I can remember, looking good for the Mini's on Friday! A good time with Regg Snr for a while was my only "action".

R2: Wayne's unfortunate lap one made my whole race. Wit ha car that was sorted and at a point where I actually knew how to drive it we ran for the whole race at a distance to right up close throughout. Pressing hard on the last lap to recover after being passed I lost it badly and he clearly won the point.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium Member

I tried out all cars and could do low 32's and high 31's with the BMW and the Amazon. With the P1800 I was about a second slower, mainly due to the fact that the gears are really messed up for this track. 2nd gear was too short and 3rd was too long for some corners and in the slow part it was the same with 1 and 2. The car would be a lot more fun to drive if it had a bit more torque. When we got to qualifying, I saw that no-one was driving the battleship, so I swapped to it and didn't manage to put in a timed lap, so I started last on the grid.

At the end of lap 3, I had to avoid @Wayne Mitten , which made that huge back-end of the Volvo slide away from me.
    2015-02-06_00001.jpg
    I went off and passed the barrier, getting some air.
    2015-02-06_00002.jpg And I found out the marshalls do not appreciate it when you take the family for a picknick.
    2015-02-06_00003.jpg

So I started race 2 on pole, because of the DQ. Managed to keep in first for quite a while, lost P1 after having a bad exit out of turn 1. After that, I had quite a long and good battle with @Matthias , us too staying along side each other from the short twisty bit until the final turn. One lap later, I was defending along the inside for turn 1, and when I hit the brakes, I lost sight of Matthias and I didn't want him to turn in on me, so I went straight on and lost quite a few positions.
    2015-02-06_00004.jpg Little slides can get you into the wall easily with this car. Ghehe.

Overall a great night and I came to the conclusion that I shouldn't pick the underdog anymore!

• Like Like x 4