Retro: Brawn GP's Remarkable Debut

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Tristan Clark submitted a new blog post:

Retro: Brawn GP's Remarkable Debut

Today, we’re at the 2009 Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix for our latest retro post. The remarkable win of Jenson Button is our focus, with the iconic Brawn GP entry taking the chequered flag in its first ever Grand Prix outing.

As has become customary, the 2009 Formula 1 season kicked off around the streets of Albert Park in Melbourne. The engineers were left with plenty of work to do in preparation for the season, with a host of new regulations forcing a drastically revised design by...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i doubt Honda would have been too annoyed because afterall they were using Mercedes engines where as if they were Honda ones they would have been constantly breaking down

I remember while gathering for football and making some warm up on the playground, a friend of mine who is following F1 also, came and told me that Honda are fastest in the winter tests, which was now in fact Brawn GP and i remember i laughed at it, he told me he was serious that they are fast :D and when Australian GP came and they set those reasonable times i thought they might surprise everyone but i wasn't so sure of it, that they would get the pole or even win one two. Ross Brawn with those double things on the back of his car :D made everyone look up to their cars hehehe nice weekend!

That just reminded me of this article - http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/tag/super-aguri/

Wirth’s comments reflect opinions voiced during the 2009 season itself by former Honda and early BrawnGP reserve driver Alex Wurz.
“The car was taken in three different directions in the wind tunnel,” he said earlier this year. “Two directions were found to be wrong, so the team could just switch. The Brawn is probably the most expensive car with the lowest operating budget ever.”
The BGP001, which would have been the Honda RA109, benefitted greatly from 18 months of design work undertaken at Leafiled by the Super Aguri F1 Team which had begun in 2007, a year of design work at Honda in Brackley and Tochigi during 2008, and, it is understood, additional work at the Dome base in Maibara, Japan. The double decker diffuser concept, which would prove so pivotal to the success of the BGP001, is believed to have come from either Super Aguri or Dome. At times it has been claimed that anywhere between four and six wind tunnels were in operation, through the various different arms of the development chain, at one time.

That's a lot of 'wind' man.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back