1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Retractable casters

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Kurt Vanhee, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Kurt Vanhee

Kurt Vanhee
    Premium Member

Hi all,
    Last year i bought the rseat formula and monitor stand as well.
    As the missus is bit frustrated that she can not clean that area very well:p, i decided to make a wooden platform to put it on. The platform that rSeat hasm is only available with dbox and is way too expensive:(, at least for me.
    So when browsing to look for some ideas, i came across these retractable casters.
    I was able to find them on ebay but seems again too pricey. At least because i am
    based in Europe. Been looking around but i am not able to find these somewhere in europe:redface:
    So asking for your help.
    Much appreciated. retractable casters.JPG

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

you my friend are amazing! I'll see if I can dig these up but they look like they would solve some design ideas I was having for other projects.

3. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

4. Kurt Vanhee

Kurt Vanhee
    Premium Member

link of amazon comes up empty:geek:
    Will have a look around @local hardware store, when i find some time:speechless:
    Otherwise its going to be a buy on ebay.us:x3:

5. Those are great for a race-frame based rig. I use locking casters on my office chair so it doesn't roll away when I push the brake pedal. It works pretty well - I call them my "Parking Brakes". :)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium Member

You could use swivel wheels with a lock function.
    I have a rig one man almost can't lift.
    After rolling it in position, I lock 2 of the 4 wheels.
    The rubberwheels also are damping the simvibe's very well.