Results and points in the league

First of all I have just learned how to operate the results on prestogp.com and I updated it with the results deom Suzuka and Monaco just now. However, I have not included the time penalties yet, so the results are not 100% accurate.

This brings us back to the question about what to do with the div 2 points. Looking at the points they have in div 2, I must say dividing them on 3 seems to be a roughly correct thing to do. This will give a table that looks something like this:

5th Anthony I 34 points
6th Jakob 34 points
7th Peter 29 points
8th Jim 24 points
8th Valter 24 points
8th Dan Asbury 24 points
11th David T 21 points
12th Robin 20 points
13th Nicolas R 19 points
14th Graham 15 points
15th Eliezer 14 points
15th Nicolai 14 points
17th Joe I 10 points
etc.

Is this solution ok for all?

Whatevers easeist for you Nico

I had an idea about running D1 and D2 still seperate (but in the same race :D ) and also add a mini overall comp running for the remaining races, but as someone pointed out it makes the results/points a bit complicated

Jim

This brings us back to the question about what to do with the div 2 points. Looking at the points they have in div 2, I must say dividing them on 3 seems to be a roughly correct thing to do. This will give a table that looks something like this:

5th Anthony I 34 points
6th Jakob 34 points
7th Peter 29 points
8th Jim 24 points
8th Valter 24 points
8th Dan Asbury 24 points
11th David T 21 points
12th Robin 20 points
13th Nicolas R 19 points
14th Graham 15 points
15th Eliezer 14 points
15th Nicolai 14 points
17th Joe I 10 points
etc.

Is this solution ok for all?

Certainly it is fine by me.

Everything fine for me, but I think my opinion isn't that important on this topic ;-)

Your opinion is always important on any PrestoGP related topic my friend :)

There seem not to be any objections, so then we'll say that the matter is resolved, and the div 2 points will be divided in 3 (using common rounding rules, 10 points -> 3 points, 17 points -> 6 points etc. I will update the results soon (just have to find out how), and I will be prompt in updating them after future races as well. Now that I know how easy it is, it's nemo problemo.

As Jim mentioned there is a practical reason behind this solution; it is much less work than other proposals. Other stuff is more important (read: safety) and needs all the time and attention it can get. To my luck however, the least time consuming solution happens to be the idea I like the best, in a way for the same reason that I do not like points for fastest lap in race. :)

Thank you Nico, for paying this tricky problem so much attention and not just making a quick decicion! A shame that you have so much extra work to do, which were others to blame for. So again thx for your hard work! ;-)

any solution is always a good solution, and divide by 3 points to Division 2 it seems fair, to me is more important than race in this group of friends with Gentlemen Drivers that take full points:)
is Season 5 for me here and sure Im not a "Speedy Gonzales" driver but no one say me that Im slow or better still I received help from my friends and this is the right way:good:

Valerio

maybe it is an idea to use the MotoGP point system
more drivers have a chance to score and i think it will be even more exiting

Just a thought
But im the Luca Digrassi of this league so who cares ;-)

We will change the point system. I don't know the MotoGP one, but I am thinking around 14 point places, perhaps more, depending on expected amount of finishers in future races. Once the point system is decided it will be valid at the Monaco race as well.

How is the MotoGP point system?

Sorry I've been busy with other things for a while.
I'm reluctant to end up in eighth place with many fast Div1 drivers behind me and with the same score as Jim.
But otherwise I have no objection.

Sorry I've been busy with other things for a while.
I'm reluctant to end up in eighth place with many fast Div1 drivers behind me and with the same score as Jim.
But otherwise I have no objection.

Ahh, but I've had DNF's in the last two races, I'm going through the "Hamilton" phase of my season

Jim

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 81 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • < 5 years