1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Resolution options in drop-down list

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Andreas Ericson, May 25, 2015.

1. Andreas Ericson

Andreas Ericson
    Premium Member

Hello, I just started playing Assetto Corsa and I am really enjoying it. For the moment just with a gamepad but soon with a wheel.

I have a question regarding the resolution options;
    In the Resolution drop-down menu there are two choices right next to each other of many of the resolutions.
    For example it looks like this:
    1920x 1080 @ 23,97 Hz
    1920x 1080 @ 29,97 Hz
    1920x 1080 @ 50 Hz
    1920x 1080 @ 59,94 Hz
    1920x 1080 @ 59,94 Hz
    The difference between the top ones is obvious but what about the bottom two? Does it matter which one I choose?

2. Stereo

Stereo
    Premium Member

It just uses the list your graphics driver provides, which is usually based on what your monitor says it can handle - one possibility is that they're "1080p" (a TV standard) and PC 1920x1080 (monitor standard) which aren't really different, but some TV devices (cable box, dvr, whatever) only recognize '1080p'.

• Beer Beer x 2
  3. brooptss

brooptss
    Premium Member

The "59,94 Hz" is the refresh-rate frequency of your monitor/display, you'll want to choose the highest one your monitor/display supports, which it seems from what you pasted is 60hz (or 59hz), so choose that.
    I explained this in another thread so don't mind me pasting this, from here :