Reshade 3.0 Graphics injector for F12016 by Moiker

Misc Reshade 3.0 Graphics injector for F12016 by Moiker 5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Antonio,
Just tried out this reshade, managed to start the game and create F12016 in the reshade menu, but after exiting it, I can't see any F12016.ini file in my game directory. Tried to search for it but nothing came up.
Do you have any ideas?

Hi Antonio,
Just tried out this reshade, managed to start the game and create F12016 in the reshade menu, but after exiting it, I can't see any F12016.ini file in my game directory. Tried to search for it but nothing came up.
Do you have any ideas?

Hi Steve,

I'm assuming here that your Reshade installation was successful.

You need to check if the file dxgi.ini is in the game directories.
If yes, open with your notepad and change this line below, to something like this:
PresetFiles=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2016\F12016.ini
Save and close file,

Now copy my F12016.ini to game directories,

Run game and check if effects are applied.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi,

I REALLY like where this is going. It gives me the look of project cars helmet cam with the blur and with the look to Apex mod, it's nearly perfect.

This truly does enhance the gfx.

The blur and the DOF give a nice sense of depth which was missing from the default game setup. So I am excited to see how this developes.

My only issue, is that when I enable the mod, and sit on the main menu home page, I get a lot of strange black artefacts?

I also noticed that the log (show log) displays lots of errors about negative f values etc?

Other than the black dots/artefacts I think you are absolutely nailing the look I have been dreaming of. It's a natural pallet, it's got much more depth (and much less shimmer and pixel creep) I love the blur/and DOF as it reminds me of PCars helmet cam and overall I think it's a fantastic mod.

A few bugs to iron out, hope you can fix the black artefacts on the main menu (white menu).

One final question, I notice you enable FXAA, should we therefore disable the SMAA in game and set it to TAA only? I'm not sure how SMAA and FXAA work together?

Thanks again,
Looking forward to the next update. Keep it up. It's truly awesome as the game looks so much better thanks to this mod.

Top marks :)

Edit:
It's the ambient light setting causing the black artefacts to appear on the white home screen. Disabling that removes the artefacts entirely :)

Last edited:
Hi,

I REALLY like where this is going. It gives me the look of project cars helmet cam with the blur and with the look to Apex mod, it's nearly perfect.

This truly does enhance the gfx.

The blur and the DOF give a nice sense of depth which was missing from the default game setup. So I am excited to see how this developes.

My only issue, is that when I enable the mod, and sit on the main menu home page, I get a lot of strange black artefacts?

I also noticed that the log (show log) displays lots of errors about negative f values etc?

Other than the black dots/artefacts I think you are absolutely nailing the look I have been dreaming of. It's a natural pallet, it's got much more depth (and much less shimmer and pixel creep) I love the blur/and DOF as it reminds me of PCars helmet cam and overall I think it's a fantastic mod.

A few bugs to iron out, hope you can fix the black artefacts on the main menu (white menu).

One final question, I notice you enable FXAA, should we therefore disable the SMAA in game and set it to TAA only? I'm not sure how SMAA and FXAA work together?

Thanks again,
Looking forward to the next update. Keep it up. It's truly awesome as the game looks so much better thanks to this mod.

Top marks :)

Edit:
It's the ambient light setting causing the black artefacts to appear on the white home screen. Disabling that removes the artefacts entirely :)

Hello RimJobRacer,

Yeah this new reshade version is very cool, I also liked very much. Now I just need to spent more time tweaking parameters in order to enhance those effects.

About your first issue, this black artefacts, if Ambient Light in generating theses, you can turn off, Ambient Light also has a high hit cost on FPS sometimes, Its nice but sometimes you loses performance.
Just try the new fresh Reshade 3.0b7 (download bellow) and check if this issue is gone, maybe occurs because it's a beta version. Show me a print-screen latter if you can.
ReShade_Setup_3.0.0b7

About FXAA, you are right, with the reshade FXAA enable you theoretically could turn off the FXAA in game. But look, the final result of this depends also of your screen resolution. I don't know for sure how FXAA + SMAA work together. Far as I know, when both are enable you get a more intense AA, there's no negative effects, only performance hits.
Playing in 1080p I recommend to turn on at least TAA in game, its very effectively. Now, if you play this game in greater resolutions you can turn off AA because the aliased effect became imperceptible at very high resolutions.

Thanks !

Last edited:
with new version i have some black artifacts too..it's too dark..isn't it?? and look at the renault for example or at the rolex logo..this is not correct yellow!

OySIKZF.jpg

d3zoWVS.jpg

0IVmPMh.jpg

tP89HQX.jpg

6x3VHmr.jpg

6U0SHaA.jpg

6pYrn19.jpg

Last edited:
the latest version works!
But all in all the "blur" effect is exaggerated and annoying.
The colors are oversaturated, are not at all natural.
I do not understand how you can say that this change is good, I find it very poor.
Also they lost many frames per second !!

Antonio Augusto A V Filho updated Reshade 3.0 Graphics injector for F12016 by Moiker with a new update entry:

Fix ambient ligth and bloom

Fix ambient light and bloom.

This two effects demand more FPS, so I separated those effects from others, if affects your game play, just turn off.

press F8 to enable/disable the effects below Base Mod:
AdaptiveSharpen,Curves,FilmicPass,GaussianBlur,Levels,LumaSharpen,ReflectiveBumpmapping,Vibrance,MatsoDOF,FXAA,SurfaceBlur,

press F9 to enable/disable more demand effects below:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Oh, that is DOF in action. I know a lot of people that just hate this effect. Just turn off Matso DOF if you don't like. Now, if you do like but thinks is exaggerated, I can change BLURRADIUS from 4 to 2 i try to tweak this.
So, I remapped the key to activate / deactivate the effect Matso DOF, I turned off this effect and now YOUR MOD is VERY BEAUTIFUL ... FINALLY!
This effect (Matso DOF) is very interesting, but should be applied ONLY to VERY FAR objects ...
If you were able to apply it for good ... it would show one! :-D

So, I remapped the key to activate / deactivate the effect Matso DOF, I turned off this effect and now YOUR MOD is VERY BEAUTIFUL ... FINALLY!
This effect (Matso DOF) is very interesting, but should be applied ONLY to VERY FAR objects ...
If you were able to apply it for good ... it would show one! :-D

Yes I can do that, We can set some parameters to Matso DOF works only in far objects. I will do this in next update.
Thanks for the feedback anyway.

Antonio Augusto A V Filho updated Reshade 3.0 Graphics injector for F12016 by Moiker with a new update entry:

Update to Reshade 3.0.2 and DOF improvment

Log
V4.0 - Tweaked Matso DOF to a less blurring image.
Reshade installation up to date to version 3.0.2

v3.0 - I fix ambient light and bloom saturation.
This two effects demand more FPS, so I separated those effects from others, if affects your game play, just turn off.

Hotkeys
Backspace Enable/disable overall Reshade Injetor

F9 Enable/disable...

Okay, great job.
Your Mod F1 2016 turns into something truly realistic from a graphic point of view.
My compliments.
The only other change I would make is that it would make the whole image slightly lighter ... just a little.
Can you tell me what is the parameter to make the picture brighter?
I could change it alone.
Thank you and congratulations again

Okay, great job.
Your Mod F1 2016 turns into something truly realistic from a graphic point of view.
My compliments.
The only other change I would make is that it would make the whole image slightly lighter ... just a little.
Can you tell me what is the parameter to make the picture brighter?
I could change it alone.
Thank you and congratulations again

Hey Dirk81, sure,
Due to the amount of effects applied here you can change contrast tweaking more than one type of effect. Just turn on tonemap and decrease gama, or change some of the effects that is already in use.

First thing, press SHIFT F2, go to SETTINGS and select CONFIGURATION MODE in the field "usage mode".
Than change one of those parameters below (chose one):

1- Best Alternative
Turn on ToneMap
Gama - 1.0 (Reduce this to something like 0.95)
Exposure - 0.0 (Raise this to something like 0.05)

2- Setup one of the effects below (choose one):
FilmicPass
Contrast - 1.0 (Raise this to something like 1.2)

Levels
White Point - 235 (reduce this to something like 200)

HDR
Power - 1.1 (reduce this to something like 1.0)

Hope this helps,
Regards.

Add Motion Blur Effect

Log

V5.0 - Setup now includes Motion blur.
Reshade installation up to date to version 3.0.3

V4.0 - Tweaked Matso DOF to a less blurring image.
Reshade installation up to date to version 3.0.2

v3.0 - I fix ambient light and bloom saturation.

Hotkeys
Backspace Enable/disable overall Reshade Injetor

F9 Enable/disable...

Hi Steve,

I'm assuming here that your Reshade installation was successful.

You need to check if the file dxgi.ini is in the game directories.
If yes, open with your notepad and change this line below, to something like this:
PresetFiles=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2016\F12016.ini
Save and close file,

Now copy my F12016.ini to game directories,

Run game and check if effects are applied.

Hope this helps.
Hi Antonio, I have the same problem. Somehow the F12016.ini file comes up after shift F2 but has no effects in it. And when I want to create any profile it does not show in the F1 directory. So I guess it is not only related to your file. And I can only start the game after changing the dll file to d3d11.dll.
Sorry for being an amateur in sweetfx!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back