1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Required for electrical poles modell

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Barbje_Keller, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Hy all, as you know I create "Rally road elements" Xpack. But it is not complete..
    Would be fine, if some one to share with everyone, electrical poles with electrical wires models. I don't find the way, how make it. I see that very good models of electrical poles, in Polish Kormoran Rally stage by martinez. And others guys. If you want share it pleas read for me in PM and i update my xPack. And, if you have other ideas and want to involve them in this xpack - write there...
  2. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Woochoo has some very nice looking electrical poles/cables in his Longford track.

Maybe ask him if he would share the xpack?
  3. Yes it's - realistick
  4. I liked your Xpack already as it is Barbje! Thanks.

(One issue I remember though, if I put the wooden shed / hut on the track for testing, rFactor leaves out (does not render) one of its walls. In another Xpack there was also a pit building where the roof would not render - only the walls. It does look ok in BTB though. Anyone have any ideas about this one?)
  5. I suspect that the material needs to be made 'double sided'.
  6. something like this ? :D

Attached Files:

7. I don't know, but maybe yours model is not collada format and files, 3DS saves property is not correct. I make my objeckts only in Sketchup 6 as Google Earth 4. Skechup-7 - can save as collada too, but have different file system and BTB can't load it...

Hmm, I think this model has to much detales. I dont need new model, but I don't find the way how create electrical wires...
  8. I think pole is easy to build (i made wire isolation only as plane). i donĀ“t try to make wire with BTB (S0 object or so on). if you want make wire as object, its only nessesary to make a plane with transparent wire texture. otherwise you need only made the spline, and setting as "extrusion". i made only a triangle bar with dark texture mapping (i remember it was a part from a black wooden door ^^).