1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Required for electrical poles modell

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Barbje_Keller, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Barbje_Keller

Barbje_Keller

Ratings:
    +34
    Hy all, as you know I create "Rally road elements" Xpack. But it is not complete..
    Would be fine, if some one to share with everyone, electrical poles with electrical wires models. I don't find the way, how make it. I see that very good models of electrical poles, in Polish Kormoran Rally stage by martinez. And others guys. If you want share it pleas read for me in PM and i update my xPack. And, if you have other ideas and want to involve them in this xpack - write there...
    Thank's

2. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Ratings:
    +13
    Woochoo has some very nice looking electrical poles/cables in his Longford track.

Maybe ask him if he would share the xpack?

3. Barbje_Keller

Barbje_Keller

Ratings:
    +34
    Yes it's - realistick

4. Raido

Raido

Ratings:
    +14
    I liked your Xpack already as it is Barbje! Thanks.

(One issue I remember though, if I put the wooden shed / hut on the track for testing, rFactor leaves out (does not render) one of its walls. In another Xpack there was also a pit building where the roof would not render - only the walls. It does look ok in BTB though. Anyone have any ideas about this one?)

5. R Soul

R Soul

Ratings:
    +190
    I suspect that the material needs to be made 'double sided'.

6. jay_p_666

jay_p_666

Ratings:
    +2
    something like this ? :D

Attached Files:

7. Barbje_Keller

Barbje_Keller

Ratings:
    +34
    I don't know, but maybe yours model is not collada format and files, 3DS saves property is not correct. I make my objeckts only in Sketchup 6 as Google Earth 4. Skechup-7 - can save as collada too, but have different file system and BTB can't load it...

Hmm, I think this model has to much detales. I dont need new model, but I don't find the way how create electrical wires...

8. Lamda

Lamda

Ratings:
    +4
    I think pole is easy to build (i made wire isolation only as plane). i don´t try to make wire with BTB (S0 object or so on). if you want make wire as object, its only nessesary to make a plane with transparent wire texture. otherwise you need only made the spline, and setting as "extrusion". i made only a triangle bar with dark texture mapping (i remember it was a part from a black wooden door ^^).

Lamda