Request to have flashback on this game like F1 2013 ??

So i can flashback & practice again & again any tricky corner right away without go thru the whole track again, quite a huge time saving feature if this include in the game later.
Thanks for the concern :coffee:

Again, not true
That's news to me then Michael.

I read this snippet from David Tucker (of iRacing)

The best way to look at this is not 'sim vs game' or even 'real life vs game' but 'user vs user'. We put in a lot of effort to ensure that no one player can gain an advantage over another by using some 'unrealistic' trick. For example, you can't drive from 30 feet behind your car! That is except in hosted sessions where you pay for the privilege of doing whatever you want, and even then that is only if you enable that option. By limiting the view to in car only we allow everyone to compete equally without forcing anyone to use unrealistic settings.

For me I don't really want flashbacks, because you don't learn from your mistakes with them. You can just reset, and do it again. If you make a mistake, you should be punished in the gravel traps, and have to go do the lap again.

Doing the whole lap again also means you'll improve other corners of the track rather than just one.

They have the other assists like ideal racing line, brake assists etc. etc. because they are fundamental assists that a lot of people need to use.

The flashback just feels like a 'get out of jail free' card to me.

I don't use any assists, and I wouldn't use flashbacks either, so it would be a wasted resource on me.

That's news to me then Michael.

I read this snippet from David Tucker (of iRacing)

The best way to look at this is not 'sim vs game' or even 'real life vs game' but 'user vs user'. We put in a lot of effort to ensure that no one player can gain an advantage over another by using some 'unrealistic' trick. For example, you can't drive from 30 feet behind your car! That is except in hosted sessions where you pay for the privilege of doing whatever you want, and even then that is only if you enable that option. By limiting the view to in car only we allow everyone to compete equally without forcing anyone to use unrealistic settings.

other views can be used only if enabled in hosted sessions, cockpit only in official races

A flashback feature is entirely pointless in a sim like Assetto Corsa.

At the end of the day, flashback features were originally spawned to lure in "non-racers" to games like Forza to increase sales.

Despite AC's willingness to accept the console and casual racing crowd, you've got to draw the line somewhere.

other views can be used only if enabled in hosted sessions, cockpit only in official races
On a case by case basis you may request the use of aids and "other than cockpit view" in official sessions. The devs will allow their use in special cases.
These are the things that got wiped with the old forums that the marketing department doesn't want you to know...I won't comment any more on iracing in an AC forum but you really shouldn't believe everything the marketing department tells you.

A flashback feature is entirely pointless in a sim like Assetto Corsa.

At the end of the day, flashback features were originally spawned to lure in "non-racers" to games like Forza to increase sales.

Despite AC's willingness to accept the console and casual racing crowd, you've got to draw the line somewhere.
I agree that it is not something that the devs should spend time on but considering Lazybug spent the same amount on the game that we did he has the same right to ask for a feature that is important to him as we have to ask for features that are important to us....it is up to the devs to decide which features are worth their time working on.

For me I don't really want flashbacks, because you don't learn from your mistakes with them. You can just reset, and do it again. If you make a mistake, you should be punished in the gravel traps, and have to go do the lap again.

Doing the whole lap again also means you'll improve other corners of the track rather than just one.

They have the other assists like ideal racing line, brake assists etc. etc. because they are fundamental assists that a lot of people need to use.

The flashback just feels like a 'get out of jail free' card to me.

I don't use any assists, and I wouldn't use flashbacks either, so it would be a wasted resource on me.

Am sorry but many of you are just so genius to realize that flashback is merely a time saving tool, its nothing to do with sim or not and "you don't learn from your mistakes with flashback" is really a joke. You should go thru all my comment here to understand why i need flashback for, i not want it so i can avoid the punishment when i make a mistake in hotlapping or racing but i hoping to have a flashback enable practice mode so i can redo the very same corner again & again to confirm all the braking point / turn in point / steering & throttle control practice while doing corner exit until i finally master that corner, so the fact is that i do learn from my mistake in the progress using flashback !! In fact thats a very useful tool to quickly master any tricky corner.

Now about this "They have the other assists like ideal racing line, brake assists etc because they are fundamental assists that a lot of people need to use", another joke to me. What make you decide flashback is not a fundamental assist to alot of people ?? Do you know flashback is a very welcome feature in Codemaster Dirt / F1 / GRID series so every Codemaster fans who considering play AC will definitely like this because this feature sure will help them enjoy the harder game in a much easier way.

"Doing the whole lap again also means you'll improve other corners of the track rather than just one" is again another joke. Lets say you going to have an exam next month and 11 subjects will be test so you study all that 11 subjects over & over even though actually you already know very well about the 8 of them ?? Am sorry i dont study like that cause that way really waste time and stupid. If i already very good in 8 of them & usually score A i will just spend 10% of my study time on it and another 90% on the other 3 subjects where i usually score C. Common sense.

Another example saying learning a guitar chord for a song, so now here is a song that use 10 chords and there is 1 new & difficult chords but you still practice all that 10 chords again & again while you already play very well the other 9 ?? I dont know but again its super duple triple stupid to practice like that, its common sense one should just focus on practice that new chord until they master it then only practice the whole thing again.

I surprise many didnt realize we actually using "flashback" method to study everything in real life by repeat some particular thing again & again for a better & faster result but now i got many "disagree" in this thread like they really know something.

Last edited:
Am sorry but many of you are just so genius to realize that flashback is merely a time saving tool, its nothing to do with sim or not and "you don't learn from your mistakes with flashback" is really a joke. You should go thru all my comment here to understand why i need flashback for, i not want it so i can avoid the punishment when i make a mistake in hotlapping or racing but i hoping to have a flashback enable practice mode so i can redo the very same corner again & again to confirm all the braking point / turn in point / steering & throttle control practice while doing corner exit until i finally master that corner, so the fact is that i do learn from my mistake in the progress using flashback !! In fact thats a very useful tool to quickly master any tricky corner.

Now about this "They have the other assists like ideal racing line, brake assists etc because they are fundamental assists that a lot of people need to use", another joke to me. What make you decide flashback is not a fundamental assist to alot of people ?? Do you know flashback is a very welcome feature in Codemaster Dirt / F1 / GRID series so every Codemaster fans who considering play AC will definitely like this because this feature sure will help them enjoy the harder game in a much easier way.

"Doing the whole lap again also means you'll improve other corners of the track rather than just one" is again another joke. Lets say you going to have an exam next month and 11 subjects will be test so you study all that 11 subjects over & over even though actually you already know very well about the 8 of them ?? Am sorry i dont study like that cause that way really waste time and stupid. If i already very good in 8 of them & usually score A i will just spend 10% of my study time on it and another 90% on the other 3 subjects where i usually score C. Common sense.

Another example saying learning a guitar chord for a song, so now here is a song that use 10 chords and there is 1 new & difficult chords but you still practice all that 10 chords again & again while you already play very well the other 9 ?? I dont know but again its super duple triple stupid to practice like that, its common sense one should just focus on practice that chord until they master it then only practice the whole thing again.

I surprise many didnt realize we actually using "flashback" method for a better & faster result to study everything in real life by repeat some particular thing again & again but now i got many "disagree" in this thread like they really know something.

Woah chill out.

I think you care way too much about this flashback system. It's not vital to the game, and there are FAR more pressing issues/features that need addressing/implementing before a flashback system.

Last edited:
And you guys "care" too much for my flashback request too like i actually trying to ruin or insult the game
I'm not saying it's a bad idea, because it does have it's merits. But, right now, it's just not important enough versus other features.

It may make it into the game at some point, but there's no point losing sleep over it and getting pissed off. It's not currently in the game, so just do another lap, and try not to make the same mistake.

Simple.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it's a bad idea, because it does have it's merits. But, right now, it's just not important enough versus other features.

It may make it into the game at some point, but there's no point losing sleep over it and getting pissed off. It's not currently in the game, so just do another lap, and try not to make the same mistake.

Simple.
Basically what i do is just making a request thread, this not even a complain thread & i never mean to force Kunos to make it happen right away, the funny thing is that some so call sim racers start to shoot at me like i am offending them, you know i always welcome this kind of situation because i always like to "fight" with words.
Nice to know you anyway, have a good day sir :thumbsup:

I think its a dumb idea, a waste of devs time to implement, and something I would never, ever use. However, I do feel that you have as much right to ask for it as any feature that is important to me. If the devs feel that it is worth the effort for them to implement it than good for you; at least you are not demanding they stop work on everything and jump to it right now.

I think its a dumb idea, a waste of devs time to implement, and something I would never, ever use. However, I do feel that you have as much right to ask for it as any feature that is important to me. If the devs feel that it is worth the effort for them to implement it than good for you; at least you are not demanding they stop work on everything and jump to it right now.

Lets say now here a track has 14 easy corners + 1 difficult corner with average lap time 1:30s. So you prefer to spend every 1:30s go thru the whole lap 14 easy corners just to get back to practice that difficult one ?? No wonder i usually improve lot more faster compare to many people in many things (not only in game)

Its fine by me if you do prefer practice that way but i always prefer quality practice than quantity practice.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back