1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Request ! Tips/Hints/Setups for Mercedes AMG C63 DTM 2016

Discussion in 'R3E Setups' started by Sh3r1dan, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Hello,my name is Alex and i wanna ask for some suggestions.
    This is the car's setup: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=703742062

1st Question : When I play in "Get Real'' mode I have got some problems with the car when I try to take the corners fast or when I accelerate after taking a corner its back just keeps slipping.Can you tell me please why does this happen a lot ? This also happens a lot in single or multiplayer racing .
    2nd Question: Any ideas how to improve slighty the back of the car's stability,so it won't slip anymore ?
    3rd Question : I am also rookie i just have 24h played.I request some Tips&Hints for how to drive better: Cornering and Braking - I am not really good at these.
    The time differences in the competition between me and the leader with the best time of the 3 tracks are : +8.291s ; + 7.280s ; + 6.506s

2. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Tell us what is your steering range and lock as well (And possibly wheel you're using). Those are equally important to the setup you want to have in mind.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The wheel is : Formula Force GP Racing Wheel.
    I do not know where to look for the steering range and lock,I am a rookie and i have not played with the wheel for a long time , i used it at F1 2002.If you can tell me where to look it would be great ! Thanks.

4. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Hmmmmmm, damn that's an oldie.

@Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan yo C can you help on this?

Normally I would say, find a balance on the lock and range (you can find on Steering Settings), per example: Wheel range would go to 420 while lock stays at 14. But since your wheel only doesn't have the 900º range as most wheels do nowadays, you'll have to find something subtle to cope for this loss.

Like wheel range going to 180 and lock at 17, and then trying modifying the lock until you find the perfect balance for cornering or what you think it's ideal.

Then you can go to setup, but I can antecipate, this track doesn't need loads of downforce and preload can be real low.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

@Sh3r1dan It's going to be a long list but hear me out!
    1. First thing first, your setup from the link.
    - first thing you can do is use higher gears EX: instead of 2nd in corner X used 3ed.
    - second thing, this car are high down force cars so when on the acc. from a corner ,never go balls out/flat out...slowly feed it in
    - reduce rear springs to 125/120
    - increase rear camber to -3.0/3.5
    - put rear ride height to 8min
    - reduce front anti roll bar by 2 clicks
    2. For beginner tips look at my thread or others, if you search there are plenty.
    in my thread in first post there is an attached file "Racing Tips by Toby Davis", read that 10 times and apply.
    3. what i learned the hard way is unless you are extremely gifted it's going to take a while to reach mid pack or front, at the moment people consider me fast(i ain't that fast) but i have 6 years of doing this, slow and steady is the gain here.Depends how into simracing you are, i am totally overboard :))

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1