[REQUEST] time distance for cars ahead and behind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be terribly difficult for a modder (I know it would not be for Codemaster) to change the gameplay so that when racing one always has the distance in seconds between the car ahead and the one behind? It would be nice to also have a few ore cars, but those two would be really nice.

At the very least, I would like to know if there is any pattern that makes those times show up.

Basically, I'd like to know more frequently if I am gaining or losing time in respect to the cars around me, especially those I can't see.

The pattern that shows the times are called sectors, each track is divided into thirds and so it will show times for every sector and then the full lap.

I would love this mod too but it might be too tough.

So it shows it every sector. That makes sense, I didn't think of it. Of course I know what sectors are, but I usually don;t pay attention where they start, so I didn't notice it was connected to that.

Still, I'd prefer to have an ongoing display. When I race in rFactor or GTR2 I am constantly using it. As the guy behind gets closer, I push a bit more and so forth. it prevents you having to push all the time and it gives you better situational awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%