REQUEST: Formula 1 Vehicle

Does anyone have a Formula 1 car download, I need it for my university project.

I have tried a ferrari F1 2002 file but it just spins in instead of starting on the start line.

Thanks

The Ferrari 2002 works ok for me, although not the easiest car to drive. I can try uploading my car.ini, it's possible I fixed some qlog errors for recent versions.

I've used the Ferrari F189, doesn't look great but still performs good. Might want to try taking off easier in the Ferrari 2002, I know the F189 the tires will spin if you floor it even in 3rd gear.

4shared doesn't seem to work so nicely.

Why RD forums can't host stuff like this. They want donations to support the forum yet we can't just add file links to threads.

Dave

4shared doesn't seem to work so nicely.

Why RD forums can't host stuff like this. They want donations to support the forum yet we can't just add file links to threads.

Dave

RSC hosted files, right? We lost everything that was hosted there..

the files uploaded to RD are lost too...the racer forum is not longer a part of this service...
If it helps, i made my fileserver upload with a "public" acess...look at my site to see how it works...

Last edited:
You literally can't download with 4shared unless you have accounts etc?

The internet is going down the pan I tell you :D

RD forums are useless too if we can't upload files here. What is the point in paying to support these forums if they can't host a 1.5meg file.

Sigh.

You literally can't download with 4shared unless you have accounts etc?

The internet is going down the pan I tell you :D

RD forums are useless too if we can't upload files here. What is the point in paying to support these forums if they can't host a 1.5meg file.

Sigh.

1.5 megabytes eh?

It's 66 times bigger than that ......... @100MB

Attachments are probably much more limited, is that what you are referring to?

Many web servers hosts have a restriction like this in Apache (or is it PHP?). their settings limit uploaded attachments to 2 MB (http uploads). My host for my own website has this limitation.

1f56f69a-6051-4482-8f01-de8d4fdd5e56_zps7fffc9c9.jpg

Last edited:
1.5 megabytes eh?

It's 66 times bigger than that ......... @100MB

Attachments are probably much more limited, is that what you are referring to?

Many web servers hosts have a restriction like this in Apache (or is it PHP?). their settings limit uploaded attachments to 2 MB (http uploads). My host for my own website has this limitation.

1f56f69a-6051-4482-8f01-de8d4fdd5e56_zps7fffc9c9.jpg

nice for you...my limit is 35GB.....^^ have fun...

Last edited:
The 2 mb is the attachment limit is to a forum post only.

Nothing to do with the storage limit for the hosting package , nor the size of the individual files in my download section. They can be as big as the space available. :)

But I can't upload a zip, it seems to only allow images.

Resource manager has no selection for Racer in the drop-down menu, but it has plenty for all the other games/sims on the forums.

I don't even want to use the resource manager sometimes anyway.
I just want an in-context link in a thread specifically discussing a specific thing.

Ie, here is a shader for specific problem X in thread Y, that is useless for ANYONE except the intended recipients in the discussion thread on this forum who have read all the posts so far and now want to try a new shader... for example.

If I want it in resource manager, then fine, I'll put it there because it makes sense to be there if it's for anyone who is looking for Racer resources generally. If there were an option to choose Racer.

But I don't think anyone really wants an old non-working properly F1 car for Racer adding to the resource centre, even if we could add it there to begin with.

However it would make complete sense as a simple in-line link in this discussion.

I'm sure I explained all this in a feedback topic somewhere months ago but clearly no one bothered to read it.

So, back to where we were. RD forums can't host anything usefully for me, which means when I have the spare time (which passed days ago now) I can't just upload a simple car.ini file so a bunch of people can enjoy an old car that someone else could have uploaded here in the damn thread as an attached file!

Jeez.

Way to entice people to donate to support the forum. Rant over.

Whilst it's true that you cannot attach archive files such as zips to the forum, there is no blocking of the second file type you mentioned, the .ini file. I have just attached one as a test, and I don't have extra privileges.

Of course this is just a tiny test .ini file, but then most .ini files are pretty small anyway.

Apart from the uploading of mods to the resource centre, there is generally not a problem using external in-line links. As long as it's linking legal material, and is not hosted by a host that requires members to either sign-up for an account, or download and install addition files, just to get to the download.

BTW 4shared is just about one of the crappiest hosts available, there are so many good free ones, the reason why people pick that one eludes me ....... :)

Attachments

• Test.ini
    19 bytes · Views: 346
But I want to upload a zip, in-line here. I might want to attach a small tga file, a shd file, an ini file, and something else, maybe a DOF. I can't do all that easily without a zip.

I don't want to upload to other sites and mess about with links and all that stuff. Other user accounts at Mediafire just so I can post a zip here.

I don't want to upload to my hosting either.

Just upload a zip, in line, here. I'd pay for the privilege. If you don't add it, then I won't pay to support this forum.

That is your prerogative. What you see and use here is free, no one is demanding that you donate/premium up.

You know what the options are, you have some choices, you even have the hosting, it's up to you whether you use your current options or not ....... c'est la vie. :)

But I can't upload a zip, it seems to only allow images.

Resource manager has no selection for Racer in the drop-down menu, but it has plenty for all the other games/sims on the forums.

I don't even want to use the resource manager sometimes anyway.
I just want an in-context link in a thread specifically discussing a specific thing.

Ie, here is a shader for specific problem X in thread Y, that is useless for ANYONE except the intended recipients in the discussion thread on this forum who have read all the posts so far and now want to try a new shader... for example.

If I want it in resource manager, then fine, I'll put it there because it makes sense to be there if it's for anyone who is looking for Racer resources generally. If there were an option to choose Racer.

But I don't think anyone really wants an old non-working properly F1 car for Racer adding to the resource centre, even if we could add it there to begin with.

However it would make complete sense as a simple in-line link in this discussion.

I'm sure I explained all this in a feedback topic somewhere months ago but clearly no one bothered to read it.

So, back to where we were. RD forums can't host anything usefully for me, which means when I have the spare time (which passed days ago now) I can't just upload a simple car.ini file so a bunch of people can enjoy an old car that someone else could have uploaded here in the damn thread as an attached file!

Jeez.

Way to entice people to donate to support the forum. Rant over.

Getting a bit tired of your nagging lately Whippy on almost every subject you have to stick your nose in..

First of all how many times have I offered to setup a Racer section in the resources? On every reach out i did it was you that shot the idea down and said you wanted to attach stuff the forumpost itself which is NOT going to happen even if you create 20 rant posts about it.

The forum attachments arent suited for large files, the resource manager is and we would have happily added a section for Racer as well mind you that the files should be legal. Each upload automatically generates a forum thread so there would have been zero difference than with a normal post.

Bringing your donation point to the table all the time has absolutely NOTHING to do with it, as a matter of fact if you ever decide to make one ill refund it on the fly to you as we don't even want your support :)

We offered you guys a place when RSC went down and you needed a forum. Ever since it has been complaining only from a tiny group of people (including yourself) and I can only say what i have said many times now: discuss it with Ruud and if he wants to move elsewhere I happily shut this section down if that is what you want, we really don't mind.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back