1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Request about posting race results out in the real world

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Nick Deeley, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Can you not post any race results, such as the MotoGP and the like, on places like Facebook and Twitter.

I usually work on weekends, and tend to miss the action live, I then watch it later either on TV or by downloads. In the mean time, I use Facebook and everything else. It took the edge off watching the MotoGP on Sunday when I read on Facebook who the winner was, before I watched it.

I could unsubscribe from FB and Twitter...but then no-one wants people to leave their groups, so just a kind request to refrain from posting race results please.

:)

2. Maybe just not go on Facebook until you have watched MotoGP? What I do with F1 on Sundays

3. I could, but then I might get withdrawal symptons from facebook :p

4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Good point Nick, we'll try to avoid it :)

5. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Also want to note a similar thing on the front page, WRC results were out on Sunday nights, I usually watch it on Monday or Tuesday, kind of spoils it for me, if there was a section that wasn't on the main homepage where it said "Motorsport Results" where people who don't want results spoilt will stray away from. I know that you can just say "Don't go on a Motorsport Forum not wanting to find out results" but I have never found out any results on RD before until recently - just a thought, not being critical of RD or the person who wrote it, just putting an idea across that could hopefully improve this.

6. +1 :good:

Sure, the German rally wasn't that much of a spoiler really, but still :)

I usually watch it when I find the time, might be a week from now, maybe more. That's a long time to not visit the forum :D
    The simplest solution might be not to post any names in titles?

EDIT: 6 days after this post, I finished watching the Rally Deutschland coverage :rally: :D