Replay setting

Hello fellow AC users
Can any of you help me in extending the length of my replays,

Recently i have tried to record a club race and failed..
all i got was about 30 mins of replay of a 1 hour race..
i have plenty of space on my SSD drive over 80 gigs free so that should not be a issue i hope,

I have it set to 1000mb but had the record quality set to max,
i have just tested and been informed that the lower setting records just as well :thumbsup:
how do i get it to record say 1 hour or even up to 2 hours, is that possible,
do i have to leave the server to rename the cr file after each session, Practice, qually, warm up, and race. Or does it record it all in one big file...or can i copy and paste it, is that possible if the sim is still running, alt+tab springs to mind

thanks for any help Rupe:)

I'm no expert and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can only save it by exiting the server and that it records the whole session from when you joined until when you left as one long replay. As for the quality settings vs replay length, I'm as curious as you are.

During the RDGTC I could get the whole evening (practice + qualy + race) in a ~500Mb file at minimum quality. For a one hour session depending on the number of cars low or even medium might be good. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Quality per replay length is slightly dependent on which car/track you use (more movables / more aero = more filesize, so for example the Huayra's gonna generate bigger replays cause it has 4 winglets of active aero)

Mainly it's a matter of number of vehicles though. Highest replay quality is storing positions at 60fps for about 17KB per car per second -> 20 cars for 30 minutes = 600MB. Each level below that other than 'low' halves it -> 60, 30, 15, 12, 7.5 fps recordings approximately, for 300MB, 150MB, 120MB, and 75MB per half hour. Beyond that there's a little bit of data stored in replay regardless of number of drivers so expect it to be a bit bigger.

If you're making a 24fps video then the 2nd highest setting, "high" is the highest worth using, below that movements will be smoothed vs reality but depending what you're doing it probably won't be noticeable either.

Last edited:
Quality per replay length is slightly dependent on which car/track you use (more movables / more aero = more filesize, so for example the Huayra's gonna generate bigger replays cause it has 4 winglets of active aero)

Mainly it's a matter of number of vehicles though. Highest replay quality is storing positions at 60fps for about 17KB per car per second -> 20 cars for 30 minutes = 600MB. Each level below that other than 'low' halves it -> 60, 30, 15, 12, 7.5 fps recordings approximately, for 300MB, 150MB, 120MB, and 75MB per half hour. Beyond that there's a little bit of data stored in replay regardless of number of drivers so expect it to be a bit bigger.

If you're making a 24fps video then the 2nd highest setting, "high" is the highest worth using, below that movements will be smoothed vs reality but depending what you're doing it probably won't be noticeable either.

To add to this, getting the positions at a reduced rate might cause some slight inaccuracies in some rare cases like light contacts.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 186 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 365 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 507 39.0%