• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Replay setting

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Rupe Wilson, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    rFactor Senior Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,814
    Hello fellow AC users
    Can any of you help me in extending the length of my replays,

Recently i have tried to record a club race and failed..
    all i got was about 30 mins of replay of a 1 hour race..
    i have plenty of space on my SSD drive over 80 gigs free so that should not be a issue i hope,

I have it set to 1000mb but had the record quality set to max,
    i have just tested and been informed that the lower setting records just as well :thumbsup:
    how do i get it to record say 1 hour or even up to 2 hours, is that possible,
    do i have to leave the server to rename the cr file after each session, Practice, qually, warm up, and race. Or does it record it all in one big file...or can i copy and paste it, is that possible if the sim is still running, alt+tab springs to mind

thanks for any help Rupe:)

2. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,628
    I'm no expert and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can only save it by exiting the server and that it records the whole session from when you joined until when you left as one long replay. As for the quality settings vs replay length, I'm as curious as you are.

3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,814
    I remember looking for a server replay once, after running my own server so i know there is not one in there..:(

4. speedyx56

speedyx56
    Premium

Ratings:
    +368
    During the RDGTC I could get the whole evening (practice + qualy + race) in a ~500Mb file at minimum quality. For a one hour session depending on the number of cars low or even medium might be good. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,628
    And the video quality doesn't suffer too much at those settings?

6. Stereo

Stereo

Ratings:
    +1,495
    Quality per replay length is slightly dependent on which car/track you use (more movables / more aero = more filesize, so for example the Huayra's gonna generate bigger replays cause it has 4 winglets of active aero)

Mainly it's a matter of number of vehicles though. Highest replay quality is storing positions at 60fps for about 17KB per car per second -> 20 cars for 30 minutes = 600MB. Each level below that other than 'low' halves it -> 60, 30, 15, 12, 7.5 fps recordings approximately, for 300MB, 150MB, 120MB, and 75MB per half hour. Beyond that there's a little bit of data stored in replay regardless of number of drivers so expect it to be a bit bigger.

If you're making a 24fps video then the 2nd highest setting, "high" is the highest worth using, below that movements will be smoothed vs reality but depending what you're doing it probably won't be noticeable either.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,814
    The quality is not so important, as long as i can see what cars are doing, then im good ;) (red jacket use)

im ok with the rfactor 1 recordings for example that quality would survice

8. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +375
    To OP.... Any special reason for putting those replays on your SSD?
    Best to minimize writes and re-writes to SSDs.
    You can create a symbolic link and put them on a regular harddrive.

9. speedyx56

speedyx56
    Premium

Ratings:
    +368
    To add to this, getting the positions at a reduced rate might cause some slight inaccuracies in some rare cases like light contacts.

10. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,814
    @Terry Rock
    It where my operating system is and i do clean the replay file out after a race/session to another hard drive..

thanks for the input guys its really appreciated.:thumbsup::thumbsup: