F1 2012 Replay problem using Fanatec CSR

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys, I'm having a problem with watching replays... I can't play them LOL What I mean is the rewind and fast forward icons are both yellow ie being used at the same time without me pressing anything so nothing moves. I can get it to play in slow motion using the keyboard but I have to keep my finger on a key and for a race that would be a long time :)

I'm wondering if anyone has come across this and has a fix as it's driving me nuts

I am not sure about this, because I don't usually use the replay system.

However, in one or both the previous games, I am convinced that the default rewind & fast forward 'keys', was the wheel itself. i.e turn left for rewind and turn right for fast forward. So that maybe worth trying.

Another one worth trying is the accelerator and brake pedals, which might do this function also .... :unsure:

OK you could edit the actionmap file for the controller, so that you can double map the same axis for 2 functions.

I do this when I want a look to apex function, I have the look left and look right function mapped to the same axis as the steering. So when I turn the wheel my head turns too.

If you try to do this in the game, then as you map one function, it unmaps the other function, which is not what you want. So it must be done in the actionmap file.

You can try this :-

1/ Browse to your Steam install folder > steamapps > common > f1 2012 > actionmap folder

2/ Copy the Fanatec CSR Wheel.xml file, and paste it straight back into the same folder, this will give you a backup file

3/ Using a text editor (I recommend the free Notepad++), edit the original Fanatec CSR Wheel.xml

4/ Go to lines 128-129 which is this :-

Code:
Action actionName="Replay Rewind">
    <Axis axisName="win_con_di_axisRz" deviceName="0eb70011" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />

5/ Change the lines to this :-

Code:
<Action actionName="Replay Rewind">
    <Axis axisName="win_con_di_axisX" deviceName="0eb70011" baseCalibration="biDirectionalLower" deadZone="0.02" saturation="1.0" />

6/ Now go to lines 144-145 which is this :-

Code:
<Action actionName="Replay Fast Forward">
    <Axis axisName="win_con_di_axisY" deviceName="0eb70011" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />

7/ Change the lines to this :-

Code:
  <Axis axisName="win_con_di_axisX" deviceName="0eb70011" baseCalibration="biDirectionalUpper" deadZone="0.02" saturation="1.0" />

8/ Save the file, and make sure it is saved as an .xml file and is called Fanatec CSR Wheel.xml

You have remapped the fast forward and rewind to your steering wheel axis. So once you enter rewind mode, steering left and right should now work for FF & RW

9/ You have to make the game read this file again, because it is read only once and stored in your profile. So when you start the game, Start it with your keyboard enter key, do not use the buttons on the wheel. This sets the default controller to keyboard.

10/ Go into your options and re-select the default CSR wheel, this will read the file you edited.

11/ Now remap any other key or buttons you have changed in the past, and set your linearities etc. The Force Feedback Settings will not have changed.

You should be good to go now ..... I hope :)

Keep a copy of this new xml file, because if you ever have to verify your game cache, steam might over-write it with the standard original file ...

BTW The original mappings look like they are the default pedal sliders/axis, so it was probably the brake and throttle

This would work with any wheel, as long as you edit the correct actionmap .xml file. The only difference the device number will be different for each controller i.e this bit deviceName="0eb70011"

Just look at the controller setting line for the axis you want to use, like the left and right steering axis I use above, then paste that setting to a function you want to map it to

It really is quite simple ...... and that Notepad++ text is a link to the download. It's better than Notepad or Wordpad, thought they can be used too.

In reality, you are only copying 2 lines to paste & replace 2 other lines :)

Did you change the device number, to suit the DFGT, and are you editing the correct file?

For the DFGT :-

You would be editing the Logitech Driving Force GT USB NEW.xml file

The remapped FF & RW lines (131 - 135) would now be (after editing) :-

Code:
Action actionName="Replay Rewind">
    <Axis axisName="win_con_di_axisX" deviceName="046dc29a" baseCalibration="biDirectionalLower" deadZone="0.05" saturation="1.0" />

<Axis axisName="win_con_di_axisX" deviceName="046dc29a" baseCalibration="biDirectionalUpper" deadZone="0.05" saturation="1.0" />

I had (and still have a new unboxed) DFGT wheel, and now a G27. I use the exact same mapping, except that I have mapped it to the look left and look right functions (look to apex), rather than the Rewind/F Forward functions you want.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 137 13.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.7%