1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Replay files usage

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by SLuisHamilton, Mar 9, 2016.

1. How to make youtube vídeos using replay files stored by the game?

2. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

well you can export videos in lower resolution directly from replay editor and than upload it to YT. Or better option is to get some recording SW and record it in whatever resulution you want .. I`m using Shadowplay (part of nVidia experience- free) and than upload it on youtube ... or if it is just something you wanna quickly show and quality is not that important (testing of something, etc) camera on cellphone with easy "oneclick" upload to youtube is always an option

3. Did not see reply editor yet but as i remember from rfactor the files was not "playable" outside game.
    Will find some tutorial about nvidia shadowplay. I have this but never used.
    Thank you

4. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

by replay editor I ment that place where you watch/edit replays .. there you can export them to format watchable outside game

• Like Like x 1
  5. The export function is very low resolution. I just watch the replays in fullscreen mode with the interface turned off and use Nvidia ShadowPlay to record. This way I get native resolution and high bitrate already compressed to MP4. Just make sure to set Steam chat to offline so that the recording isn't interrupted with messages about friends playing other games.

This is how I record things for all of my games, actually. I use ShadowPlay to record, VLC to watch, Avidemux to cut/edit the video, and Audacity to edit audio/add commentary. It's all free software and all works natively on compressed sources so you don't waste time transcoding everything.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I like the idea to record with shadowplay when watching replays. Better than live. I´ve heard these kind of softwares has impact on performance.
    Thank you for the sugestions

7. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

on my system pretty much zero impact .. in replays external cameras are fine but cockpit view has jerky wheel movement .. so it doesn`t look that good

8. Cannot turn wheel off (not show or maybe fixed on display settings) on replay?

9. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

I don`t think so, it shows even it it is off in settings ....

• Like Like x 1