Replay camera in VR

Is there a trackside replay camera that is static? Meaning one that does not pivot and follow the cars. In VR when the camera pivots that is not comfortable. I would rather pivot/move my own head to follow the cars as they go by like you would in real life.

I'm pretty sure there is, the last option is usually a fixed camera that doesn't move isn't it?
It is disconcerting to have the camera move when viewing the replay.
One thing about viewing replays in VR is it really conveys the speed, they seem like they're going much faster than when on a monitor.

I'm pretty sure there is, the last option is usually a fixed camera that doesn't move isn't it?
It is disconcerting to have the camera move when viewing the replay.
One thing about viewing replays in VR is it really conveys the speed, they seem like they're going much faster than when on a monitor.
Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find a camera that would stay still. You can switch the camera view in a replay with function keys right? I pressed everyone and the closest was f4 but it still pivoted to follow the cars when they went by. Which in VR is like getting face masked.

I remember back when I had a DK2 that dirt rally had. It was perfect just like you where a real life turn Marshall you yourself had to follow the cars as they went by. To bad they chose not to support the Vive []>(

I am eagerly waiting some VR specific replay views. Except for the automatic head panning you described, watching replays in VR is a humbling thing. I hope they'll do some grandstand replay settings soon. I'd love to feel like a spectator to my own race. I'm sure it will come soon. The future is bright with VR.

I am eagerly waiting some VR specific replay views. Except for the automatic head panning you described, watching replays in VR is a humbling thing. I hope they'll do some grandstand replay settings soon. I'd love to feel like a spectator to my own race. I'm sure it will come soon. The future is bright with VR.
Back in the 90s a friend and I went to Road America. The track has normal stands but there is also a nature trail you can walk through between races because the track is out in a forest. We went for a hike and went off the path and ended up right next to the track where the turn marshalls were. When the GT Corvettes went by they were so loud you could feel it in your ribs.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back