Replay Camera better control

I was working on a replay and trying to make some decent smooth dolly cam. Results are horrible if you try to move around with mouse and keyboard... so I tried to assign the controls for the free-cam mode to the analogical sticks of my Xbox gamepad. I was trying to get the same smoothness you can have when you move and look around when playing an FPS for example. It kind of works but there's no deadzone so if you are not precisely centered with your sticks, the camera moves away and you struggle like a mad man trying to control it and piloting around the way you want.
At the current stage, is there a way to use/configure the controller to avoid this? Thanks!

Ya I'd love to see some advanced camera controls or the ability to setup custom replay cameras. The "free camera" absolutely blows, if you're zoomed in too much it randomly bounces around the world. It's also stuck inside the track limits for whatever reason, you should be allowed to go anywhere you want with it, it's extremely frustrating to use.

I'd also love to see many more default on-board cameras for all the cars, we're still stuck with what RACE 07 offered basically and editing text files for custom camera placements is a pain in the ass. Also for some on-board cameras I wish you could be able to look around with the camera like the cockpit camera allows with the zero free look keybind or whatever it's called.

You do an awesome job on your highlight videos with what's available though Emilio :thumbsup:

It's also stuck inside the track limits for whatever reason, you should be allowed to go anywhere you want with it, it's extremely frustrating to use.
There's actually a workaround for that. Try cycle between the "fixed" cams (the eye-icon), then you activate your freecam from there and try to go up and away from the track... at some point you'll find which camera is out of the boundaries and you can go wherever you want (but outside the track layout, otherwise you'll get instantly transported back to the ground level if you intersect it)
I was able to get some nice shooting angles of the "locked layout" on brands hatch.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/be-honest-how-many-of-you.96580/#post-1870030

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 38.9%