Replacing the standard cars? RSRBR/RScenter

I have download a car mod I'd like to replace the Subaru Impreza 2000 with, I have the folder in the "Cars" folder, and the Physics folder for the car in "Physics" renamed to s_i2000 and replaced that with the standard car folder so it is overwritten.

There is no instructions, guide included and I cannot get it to work. How on earth do I do this? I heard something about the cars.ini file I had with one mod which worked, but I've no idea how I am meant to name the other mods.

Thanks.

You should have just revealed the mod you're trying to install and where you downloaded it, and it'd be easier to discuss. Yes, you obviously need to edit cars.ini as well, and usually the packs do contain at least some sort of a text file with the lines you can then copy-paste to the cars.ini.

But even with that, I'm not sure you should install cars on an RSRBR installation, it's hardly ideal (RSCenter is out of the question anyway). I know that years ago one was able to do what you're doing right now using an extracted physics.rbz with no major inconvenience but that may have changed.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 2 5.1%