• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Replacing default skins

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Giovaneveterano, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Giovaneveterano

Giovaneveterano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +411
    I just wonder if by replacing default skins with modded ones it'll cause a mismatch in online play.
    I really like to get rid of some nasty kunos skins.

Cheers

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  2. GT VIRUS

GT VIRUS

Ratings:
    +67
    No, I've started doing the same thing and no mismatches.

• Like Like x 1
  3. After_Midnight

After_Midnight

Ratings:
    +295
    No it will not causing missmatches online. But the important thing is NOT changing the skin folder names of Kunos.
    Just change the content of it with the skins of your liking.
    So it will be possible to see the skins online instead to have a complete white BMW i.e.

One downside: After some updates (not at every one) or steam integrity checks part or complete skins will be replaced by the original onces.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Giovaneveterano

Giovaneveterano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +411
    Thanks for the answers :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. After_Midnight

After_Midnight

Ratings:
    +295
    Glad to help mate :thumbsup:

6. Gui Cramer

Gui Cramer

Ratings:
    +750
    To add to the responses, I recommend you use a program like JSGME (or better) to install content into your game but in a way that won't permanently overwrite, and when the game updates or you run integrity checks, you won't have to manually drag and drop anything. Look at an example here. I do it with car liveries and also content, and it works the same with other games.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ryno917

Ryno917

Ratings:
    +211
    As a side note, AC also has an option to serially load skins. This loads skins in alphabetical order by folder name. More applicable to single player (since the name is different), I've started placing a few zeros at the front of the folder name of all custom skins I install. This means they always get loaded before the default skins when applied to the AI.

I used to delete default skins, but with most updates they just got re-downloaded anyways so I do it this way now. Won't benefit you online at all, but for SP it works a charm.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Giovaneveterano

Giovaneveterano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +411
    Actually online the skins are all white, even if I kept the original folders.
    Maybe I shoudn't overwrite the .json file.
    It would be nice to get finally rid of some nasty default skins...

9. After_Midnight

After_Midnight

Ratings:
    +295
    Its not related to the json files. I've done many tests and if just keep the original folders of Kunos its work fine for me since a long time.
    What can happen: The host of the server use different skin (costum with different folder names) for all cars on the server. So you'll have the cars without liverys (white or red).
    AFAIK you'll get entrys in the error log in this case. All livery related.

Greets After_Midnight

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017 at 14:24
    • Agree Agree x 1