Replace Fanatec Prosche Turbo wheel

Hey everyone,

I've been looking to replace my current wheel. I've had it for almost ten years now and it's still going strong, but I'm craving an upgrade. I was one of the first buyers after testing the prototype and reviewing it. Aaaaah, I remember those nogripracingforum-days like it was yesterday.

Since this wheel has been so good for me, I'm looking at a Fanatec setup, but I'm not sure if I could do it gradually instead of shelling out in one go for a full setup. Anyone have suggestions for gradually replacing this kit? I've been looking for ways to connect my pedals and shifter without the wheelbase, but there don't seem to really be any. Anyone? Thanks!

If they have RJ12 to connect to a base or USB Type A to PC other than that not sure that's going to be possible. The CSW v2.5 says it can connect to any Fanatec pedals or shifters while the CSL is limited.
Edit: Found the manual and looks like you would have to get adapters, at best. I would have to defer to someone with more experience as to the compatibility of using a PS2 to USB for connecting to PC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The new Elite CSL PS4 version has the same RJ12 connections as a Clubsport 2.5 and the deal with the 2 pedal set is good. I'm very happy with mine. If I had to do it again I might have bought the load cell brake unit, even though the stock 2 pedal set is very good. You do need the RJ12 to PS2 adapter for the old H shifter if you're into that kind of thing. I use the paddle shifters only.
https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/support/product;old_product_id;643

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back