1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Replace default Subaru

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by reneftw, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Hello.

I only play RBR for 2 weeks, so you can say I'm new at this game. I want to finish the Rally School with gold, but I cannot do it with the default Subaru, so I thought that maybe I can change it to a Focus WRC 2008, for example. The problem is that I can't find any idiots guide on how to do that nor the files needed. Every thing I found was hosted on the BHMotors. Can you please help me?

Thanx in advance,
    reneftw

2. The simplest way is to download RSRBR 2011 and car pack AW8-08. You will have more cars in all pack and also it would give you more fun

3. Unfortunately, the notebook I own has a internal video board, so RSRBR will only work in frames.

4. Oh it is the problem. I dont know how works Czech plugin, maybe it would be the answer...

5. Just find a standalone Ford Focus to download complete with physics (most of the good cars ever released are available for download @ http://rbr.onlineracing.cz/ ) and follow the readme to install them manually in place of the impreza_03.

6. @Lukasz: Thanks, the site is very useful. The problem I have now is that when I try to play the Rally School with the Focus the game crashes. I can play Quick Rally though. Any ideas?

7. Daniel Monteiro

Daniel Monteiro
    Premium Member

i have an idea for you: keep trying the rally school, believe me it will make you feel REALLY good once you pass it!

8. Good point. No idea about getting RS to work if it is like you said, but it really isn't that hard to get under 1:20 in any WRC. Even I am able to get there in an N4 (not to mention the freaks who get to low 10s). This stage feels like home after some practice :).

9. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Uhm, you need to change the physics files for more than just the Impreza 03 - I just cannot remember what.

10. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I think most people who achieve these sorts of times rely on excessive amounts of cutting. :frown:

11. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ye, there is some time to gain in the first and last chicane, I think I've got a 1.14.2 by cutting. Now I can get under 1.20 without so no big deal anymore. But you can gain a lot by huge cutting.

12. Daniel Monteiro

Daniel Monteiro
    Premium Member

i guess i got very used to play GT or something, but it never occurred to me to cut chicanes in the driving test. rather than beating a game or some clock, feels much more rewarding to me to beat myself completely legit

13. Well in rallying you have to cut, and not "a bit", but CUT. Of course extreme cutting Ole is talking about is frowned upon in RBR multiplayer (it's considered cheating while online), but going 4 wheels on the road at all times isn't really a good idea :).

14. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

I have to be clear about one thing. I do not, under any circumstances cut the track in that extreme way. But that is a reason why some are so fast on that stage. Actually, in many rallies in the Czech plugin, you have to do it to be able to get high in the ranking. That's sad.

But I try to drive with two wheels on the inside of as many corners as possible:)

15. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I also use the two wheels on track rule for myself. If the ridiculous cutting, that I have seen sometimes, is necessary to compete on-line, then I wouldn't be interested in joining those Leagues. :bad:
    I guess we all set our own standards. :rolleyes:

16. In most leagues theres is indeed one (or two) wheels on the road rule and some replays do get inspected looking for offenders. Luckily there are almost no places to cut like that and a 1:14 is achievable without this (just look at any of Nanamiso's presentations :)).