1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misc Repair mod where each car is a single entry

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme Mods' started by Sk3ptik0n, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

I have downloaded and installed a couple of rFactor ports on my GSC2013. They work and look great, except that in both cases,. each car represents a separate mod in the list. In other words, imagine the mod to be a F1 field. The McLaren would be one entry in the list along with the default stock cars, then another mod would be a ferrari, another A Forza india and so on.
    Clearly, that prevents me from racing these cars together . I would end up with a field fiull of one car and maybe 2 liveries (since each can have 2 identical cars).

Is there a way to reunite these cars and move them from the Mods list top level to their original mod together with the other cars?

I also installed a mod that happens to work great, but after looking at the files, I wasn't able to find what could be causing the behavior.

Thank you.

EDIT: I wanted to add that this has happened also with one of the Skins for the Opala car I downloaded from here. Most of the other skins went straight into the Opala folder along with the original cars (in some cases overwriting the old skins) but this one instead created its own top level entry in the car list.

The car is the Dinos Opala Stock Car and the car inside it is the Coca Cola. Inside the coca cola car, there are 3 drivers:
    #04 Dennis Leach
    #07 Andy Rouse
    #08 Tim Harvey

I guess the same thing is happening here.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  2. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

Found the culprit. The mod maker forgot a comma in the very bottom of the veh files. That's where the name of the mod goes, followed by the name of the car and separated by a comma. The comma was missing.
    • Like Like x 1