Renting a dedicated server

First post (so be nice), been trying to run a dedicated server on my machine as well as join it as client. Nearly got it to work but friend got timeout error whenever he joined. That's fine, not going to bash the game. But, can anybody point me to a decent RF2 server host where I can configure and run some workshop content - love the game (don't like the server creation!)

Ta

Server creation is not that hard, I used my own PC to host rF2 for years

Have you read this and created server folder
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=553088396

Apart from that you need to set port forwarding in router / modem
No matter how hard I try, and with different guides and many hours - when someone joins my server they have a timeout error. Me and friends have tried and tried - no joy. Got to the point where I'm not driving just trying to figure out a server. Not bashing the game, but surely they have to improve that at some point, even have a tab on the multiplayer server list that shows what is required to play on that server.

No matter how hard I try, and with different guides and many hours - when someone joins my server they have a timeout error. Me and friends have tried and tried - no joy. Got to the point where I'm not driving just trying to figure out a server. Not bashing the game, but surely they have to improve that at some point, even have a tab on the multiplayer server list that shows what is required to play on that server.

no one can join is more then likely port forwarding
You must set ports in your modem / router

Scroll down to "Configuring your Firewall and Router" section

UDP+TCP 54297
TCP 64297
UDP 64298
UDP 64299

Like mine
Untitled 1.jpg

If you already set ports it may be software stopping it

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 95 91.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 36 34.6%