Cars Renault Megane World Trophy MOD [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juergen submitted a new resource:

Renault Megane World Trophy MOD v1.01 - This MOD is an updated standalone version of the ISI_Renault_Megane_Trophy_2009-v144/145

This MOD is an updated standalone version of the ISI_Renault_Megane_Trophy_2009-v144/145. All credits goes to ISI and many thanks to ISI for the Permission! Please keep in Mind, this MOD is just for Fun and have no claim to be 100% like the real Cars. In the first place i did it for myself, but than i decided, to share this MOD with the rF2 Community. The main reason for this version was to have skinable...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Driving this sim and really enjoying it. These things are great to drive, great power slides and sideways stuff. Not difficult to drive at all, but when you go for it and push the edge they can bite you - just like in real life ;-)
Some constructive criticism:
1. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I cannot get the seat to go back as far as I want. Have a 47 degrees driving view in-car, and normally I take the seat back so that distance to dashboard feels correct visually - but with this mod I am too close to the dash and cannot move back any further. Any ideas?
2. The AI are very slow and I am not very fast. On a 100 seconds lap I am probably 3-4 seconds a lap faster. Running the AI at 110% and still they are not fast enough. Any ideas?

1. Have you tried to change the FOV?
2. Maybe it`s the problem, that the AI are using the hard tire and the player car have the soft tire as default. Try to set the AI to 120% and use the hard tire

//Edit: i added a bit more grip to the AI tire, would be a 1:31.155 at SaoPaulo fast enough? This is with 110% AI strength...

Last edited:
Did some laps at Portugal 2.0 (Estoril) and with soft tyres got down to the 1:31 zone. AI on 120% were on the same pace.
For the record at my level of driving with most rF2 original content and most mods I get a good battle from the AI at 100%.

Track: Sao Paulo
29 AI at 120, 25 aggro & 5 multiplier
Qualy I did with soft tyres with 5 laps fuel
Results here: rFactor2 2015-10-28 21-56-33-41.jpg

Race 15 minutes same AI settings
I used hard tyres with 13 laps fuel
Results here: http://simresults.net/151028-Wb8

Notably DRS was available throughout qualy but in race it came on briefly after a few laps but then was disabled - each time with notification in right hand corner of screen

Setups I used attached

Attachments

• pv1-5lapsoft.svm
    4.2 KB · Views: 402
  • pv1-13laps-hard.svm
    4.2 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
Some very cool things about this mod:
  • AI are racey and fight back using settings I mention above - might play with upping the aggro a bit more and see what happens...
  • AI block but only one move block which is cool
  • Soft tyres go off the cliff after half a dozen laps
  • Hard tyres are consistent for at least 15 minutes
  • The over-steer is very controllable in an instinctive way
  • DRS is great - usable anywhere in qualy - although in race it made a brief appearance then went

Notably DRS was available throughout qualy but in race it came on briefly after a few laps but then was disabled - each time with notification in right hand corner of screen
Many thanks for your detailed report.

Yep, as DRS rules are...if you`re not into the drs activation distance to the next car (race), where the activation distance depends on the tracks settings (most are 1 or 2 seconds), DRS is not available. For e.g. SaoPaulo its 1 second. That means for SaoPaulo race session: if you`re not within 1 second to the next car in front of you, drs is not available for you.

Again the question, maybe i could get an answer...if the AI (strength 110%) would make lap times around 1:31.155 in Qualify e.g. on SaoPaulo, would this fast enough for you?

Valid answers:

Yes

No

:whistling:

Last edited:
Just to put a bit light in it, the AI are not using the soft tire, it doesn`t matter wich values i`m using in the hdv file, they`re using the hard tire only. I was asking in the ISI Forum several times about this issue, but i don`t got an satisfying answer.

Juergen updated Renault Megane World Trophy MOD v1.01 with a new update entry:

Renault Megane World Trophy MOD v1.03

View attachment 108315
View attachment 108318

This MOD is an updated standalone version of the ISI_Renault_Megane_Trophy_2009-v144/145. All credits goes to ISI and many thanks to ISI for the permission! Please keep in mind, this mod is just for fun and have no claim to be 100% like the real cars. In the first place i did it for myself, but than i decided, to share this mod with the rF2 Community. The main reason for this version was to have skinable Rim`s and Grid`s. But then i...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Juergen updated Renault Megane World Trophy MOD with a new update entry:

This MOD is an updated standalone version of the ISI_Renault_Megane_Trophy_2009-v145

Because of some requests i decided to move all "new extra features" into the car upgrade section. These upgrades are available: Drive Train, Headlights, and DRS.

The AWD Train may isn`t full done and needs maybe some more testing and tweaks.

qyr77l0p27dwoet6g.jpg

Changelog:

v1.04 - v1.07

- Drive Train: RWD (Rear Wheel Drive) and AWD (All Wheel Drive) Train is selectable.
- Headlights: Standard Headlights and Rally Car Style Headlights...

Just to let you know, there is a shader problem, windows & rearlights. The problem appears only, if you have selected daylight for practice and night for qualify. I w`ll release (maybe next weekend) an update of the Megane, where this problem is solved. By the way, some original ISI cars are affected, too...

ige62fzrk20cb7t6g.jpg

Renault Megane World Trophy MOD 1.098a

n0902et8b8bnsks6g.jpg

Changelog:

v1.08 - v1.098a
- corrected inertia
- new rc headlights (by Chris)
- some improvements for lights (by Chris and me)
- new rim shader (by Sven)
- rim template improved (by Sven)
- reverse gear light (by Chris)
- some more improvements on the break lights
- improvements for medium and soft tires
- added 3 missing original "alt" skins (94, 95 + 96). 33 skins are now available

Many thanks to Chris (redapg) and...

Renault Megane World Trophy MOD 1.099

Hi,
sadly, the previous uploaded version (v1.098a) missed 2 updated files. That`s why the AWD drive train wasn`t working. Apologies...

n0902et8b8bnsks6g.jpg

Changelog:

v1.099
- fixed wrong upgrades.ini and hdv.ini

v1.08 - v1.098a
- corrected inertia
- new rc headlights (by Chris)
- new mirror (by Chris)
- some improvements for lights (by Chris and me)
- new rim shader (by Sven)
- rim...

Easily one of my favourite mods!
Noticed one thing that I am faster on the hard tyres than the soft tyres. Also find it easier to drive with the harder tyres - less oversteer.
Older versions the softs around Portugal were about 2 seconds per lap faster if I remember correctly.
Is this correct?

I`ll have a look into, thanks for the feedback.

//Edit: i checked the tire files and clearly, the soft have more grip than the hard. Maybe you mixed up (confound) the soft with the medium? Otherwise...the soft wear out much faster, than the hard.

//Edit2: because of some slightly changes of the chassis flex and the default setup settings, you may give the standard setup a try.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline