rF2 Renault Megane Trophy @ Mid Ohio - Sunday 27th August 2017

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
No problem Jamie. I was quite mad at the time, but after watching the replay I put 99% of the blame on rF2. There is no way that something that amounts to a small love tap should do that to the car. These things look like freaking touring cars that should take abuse and just keep on going.

At the left hander on top of the hill I basically drifted around it and I was off line a bit and needed to slow some to get through the next corner, because I knew my tires were probably one million degrees C for having a slight slide (f'ing game). There is no way that a small tap like shat should have sent me sliding into the barrier at all.

If we were in AMS I would have had a small bobble caught it and the two of us would have been laughing all the way around the track on how much fun these cars and the race was.

Instead I was staring straight at the barrier and had to reverse out of it and then try to get back to the track and because this game has horrible low speed physics I couldn't keep the car fricking straight going back to the road and kept spinning. I got back on the track and hit the throttle and spun out again back into the grass. I would have gotten back on the track faster if I could have hit a button to call for a group of spectators to push me back to the track.

It reminded me of AC back when it first came out. If you ran off the track that you would spend the next 10 minutes doing donuts at 1kph. Fricking horrible. Is what I saw in rF2 realistic? I really doubt it.

After that I just struggled trying to find speed. I was like over 1s off that pace where I thought I should have. With 20 (30?)% damage on the server the car shouldn't have been that damaged at all. Was it the tires? Dunno, I got new tires and still was slow. It wasn't until about 5 laps till the end until I posted a 1:22 lap time, and should have been there the entire race.

Apologies to @Stephen Gibb for the taps....again those were taps that should have been no problems in these cars, but would cause uncontrollable spins. I also got @Matt after that :(.

I know I have been having bad luck in the Aussie races recently, but rF2 is the blame for just about everything that happened last night. I want to like the game, but if other races are like this with the handling and physics, I might just have to skip the rF2 races. I'll give it another shot, but if the same shiite happens, I'll pass.
Bad luck mate, as far as track grip goes that is decided by the tracks creator like in any sim, if it's not a track created by ISI or now S397 then you can't blame them for the insanely low grip on the grass :(

We will need to do some testing of tracks before putting up an event to make sure it's not an old crappy rF1 conversion (which this track was).

I'm happy to put my hand up to help with these tests.

Apologies to @Stephen Gibb for the taps....again those were taps that should have been no problems in these cars, but would cause uncontrollable spins. I also got @Matt after that :(.
No worries Fred sorry it took me a few seconds to tell you just to go I had my mike muted as my G27 sounded like it was going to explode:O_o: after I flat spotted the tyres.
Yeah. I have to agree. I was'nt going to run the race but am glad I did. The layout is very good. I am prepared to make allowances for these vagaries. Its free after all.
Yeah it has a few issues think it at Sebring are meant to be getting DX11 updates, but I think the car had a lot to do with it we had club race at the chicane version in the Skipp Barber a couple of months ago and they were nowhere near a slippy as that Renault:poop: on the road or the grass.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%