rF2 Renault Megane @ Silverstone - Tuesday July 2nd 2013

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
That was quite good. Made a good start, was keeping up with the leading pack, hanging onto the back of Xavier de Carvalho. Had to pit for fuel, and stuck some brand new tyres on too. Was catching 4th place, but a couple of mistakes on the last lap meant I was unable to take him. Another lap and then yeah I could of done it. But happy with 5th and a good race pace after qualifying in 11th.

That was quite good. Made a good start, was keeping up with the leading pack, hanging onto the back of Xavier de Carvalho. Had to pit for fuel, and stuck some brand new tyres on too. Was catching 4th place, but a couple of mistakes on the last lap meant I was unable to take him. Another lap and then yeah I could of done it. But happy with 5th and a good race pace after qualifying in 11th.

That was quite a tight gap you were keeping :) couldn't shake you, was great fun.

That was awesome fun. Great job by everyone I saw on track. 18 cars (!) finished on the lead lap, and there were only 4 retirements. Very professional stuff.

I never put together my best lap in Q but was reasonably happy with a second row starting spot. I went out with just a few minutes remaining for a second run but Frederic and I were both bottled up behind some slower traffic. Sorry for the mistake again, Frederic - it was desperate times with both of us trying to get on pole in the closing seconds and I didn't realize you'd gotten under me. :)

I've done a lot of 30 minute races online in this car so I was pretty sure we could either push full out and stop for a few liters of fuel, or get into a fuel saving game near the end. But I wasn't certain, as it always comes down to how the end of the clock falls relative to the leader crossing the S/F line.

With 10mins to go I would have preferred to get into P1 before the stop, which was looking increasingly necessary, but Frederic was defending brilliantly. There was one time through Vale where I really had him lined up and he wisely over-slowed the car to get to the apex and blocked my move. Again, really professional stuff.

I wasn't sure if he was trying to save fuel or if his tires were worn (sounds like the former), but in the closing laps I was much quicker through several sections so I decided to make the stop a little early. We were also catching some lapped traffic at the time, so best to get in, get fuel, and hopefully run faster than him during his stop.

On the final lap I could see the gap coming down rapidly but had no idea if Frederic would somehow manage to get to the finish, and he almost did. Heading down Hangar he was still several seconds ahead and under full power, but then through Stowe he seemed to be losing drive and I was able to move past.

Awesome circuit, great full grid. Congrats to Frederic and Axel. rF2 rocks! (although I did almost get blocked out of the server because it was full)

not sure who that was but Matej Lakota, would your team be fined for an unsafe release?:cautious:;) I'm not sure. it wasn't me though!

firstly, it was great to see SO MANY PEOPLE ON THE GRID!!
Well done to matt for the win and Calum McLure, you like these cars! nice pace! great work.

I was reasonably pleased to get within 2 seconds of the fastest guy. a 2.03.5 seems like an ok time. what seemed strange is that some of the faster guys were further back this race. maybe lack of practise.

unfortunately, qualifying in 19th out of 30(?) put me amongst some of the new guys. i had a terrible start as i couldn't see the lights and then a new guy drove straight into me, spinning me out.
got going again and due to loads of others colliding and spinning, i got up into 10th.
Incident with someone where i missed got nervy on the brakes trying to defend the line (moved to inside) and think the guy accidentally drove into the back of me but then he did keep running off the track which may have gained time on the throttle.

after that things were going great. i was good on tyres, think one reason why sami slowed a bit and then i came into the pits.. this is what happened..nobody's fault, just bad luck and no idea if there is a way around it. suggestions?

My pit stop lasted about 1 minute once i got into the box - repairs to damage from the first guy spinning me. just plain bad luck.still, like i said, great to see so many guys out. think nearly everyone had fun and lots of considerate driving.

cheers!

not sure who that was but Matej Lakota, would your team be fined for an unsafe release?:cautious:;) I'm not sure. it wasn't me though!

Well done to matt for the win and Calum McLure, you like these cars! nice pace! great work.

I was reasonably pleased to get within 2 seconds of the fastest guy. a 2.03.5 seems like an ok time. what seemed strange is that some of the faster guys were further back this race. maybe lack of practise.

unfortunately, qualifying in 19th out of 30(?) put me amongst some of the new guys. i had a terrible start as i couldn't see the lights and then a new guy drove straight into me, spinning me out.
got going again and due to loads of others colliding and spinning, i got up into 10th.
Incident with someone where i missed got nervy on the brakes trying to defend the line (moved to inside) and think the guy accidentally drove into the back of me but then he did keep running off the track which may have gained time on the throttle.

after that things were going great. i was good on tyres, think one reason why sami slowed a bit and then i came into the pits.. this is what happened..nobody's fault, just bad luck and no idea if there is a way around it. suggestions?

My pit stop lasted about 1 minute once i got into the box - repairs to damage from the first guy spinning me. just plain bad luck.still, like i said, great to see so many guys out. think nearly everyone had fun and lots of considerate driving.

cheers!
Post that on the ISI forums.They need to know stuff like that happens.

cheers!
So strange Andrew.
But I have a sexy b-side, don't you think? :D

This is what i have been looking forward to for so long,full grid racing with rf2 here at Race Department.Really good fun and nice battles with Guiseppe and Stefan.

I got this game over a year ago,build 90 i think.Since then there has been some good fun and racing with this sim, but it has been like a awkward kid struggling to grow up.Tonight the kid grew up a bunch.It really feels like a watershed moment for rf2.Tonight we have seen through a window into the future of rf2,and i like what I have seen.I'm looking more forward than ever to the racing this sim and great community have to offer.

This is just the beginning,Buckle up guys its gonna be a great ride.

Wauw! That was an epic club race!!! :) 30 Drivers on the server. no lag, no stuttering, just pure sensation, the server did great! :) Great for Endurance races, just need to figure out how to open up more pitboxes. :)

I had a great setup which was a mix between Matt's setup and my own. When I would have been able to get my sectors rigth, I would have been able to do at least a high 2:02, but ... as always.... I kept messing up doing that. :D
Got a 2:04 low and was able to start as 16th (?).
Had a great getaway and came safely thru the first 2 corners. Coming to turn 3 there was a wall of smoke and I drove wide...wider... widest arount it to avoid a collision, but was off track and still avoiding cars. :) I kept my car without damage and waited for a save gap to return to track. Rejoined as 19th or so. Start doing my laps and past a couple of guys. In lap 5 or 6 I almost span in Brooklands and just could keep my car on track. I am not sure if someone had any disadvantage from this.
My setup was good on the tires and was haveing a great battle with Matt and later after the pit stop with Giuseppe.
With the pit stop I forgot to select no tire change as they were just yellow after 12 laps, so I spend more time than I should have done.
When I went in the pit I was 5th... After 11th and also finished as 11 th, but on screen it changed to 12?

Well great race and what I have seen pretty clean as well, although there were a few peeps who didn't wait for other drivers to retake their position after a collision, which is a RD rule! Please keep this in mind.

Anywayz, I hope this a start from a full servers trend for rF2! :) Hope to all of you for next races aswell. If you have a car / track combo in mind which might be epic. Let us know! :)

Piece out!

i think one of the down sides to this game is the mirrors. too many people drive across the line because they can't see the side mirrors. someone just drove straight across me and i was gone. the only way is to qualify high up and survive the carnage lol

it was great fun. Giuseppe Di Vita....i liked your rear so much, i started "flashing" at you. so you stayed for more lol

Matej Lakota sorry to hear about your damage. hope you race again.

Matt Horst. you were on rfactor 2 before me but i still have the same feelings about the game as you do.. i can see regular exciting racing on the horizon for years...even if assetto corsa comes out. it will be like the new rfactor/race 07 situation.

can't wait for more and the endurance races....looking good. i'm in if we can do them! i think the next build will hopefully allow us to optimize our graphics settings again as silverstone was quite intensive. even on my i7, i had to turn settings down but still fun!

cheers all

I know what you mean Andrew.
I run an Intel i5 2500k @ 4.7, 16 gigs of ram and a Amd HD 7970, and I struggled to get the performance I wanted.

,I was using a resolution of 6032x1080, but that's beside the point.
Every other game can manage it, so why can't this?

I know what you mean Andrew.
I run an Intel i5 2500k @ 4.7, 16 gigs of ram and a Amd HD 7970, and I struggled to get the performance I wanted.

,I was using a resolution of 6032x1080, but that's beside the point.
Every other game can manage it, so why can't this?
it is only in the latest build as well. my system never struggles at all...except witht this build. it crashed when i joined last night so i turned the graphics down..probably too much but needed a smooth game

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back