rF2 Renault Megane @ Mid Ohio - Tuesday June 25th 2013

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Classic Mid Ohio start. T1 seemed to go relatively okay but then it went so slow through the chicane and then into T2 so people just bunched up and it was impossible to find the rhytm. do I brake to much now so I will get ass rammed or if I go 75 % here will I not be able to avoid the inevitable t2 spin. Classic dilemma of a backmarker. I believe some blue megane spun in T1 for whatever reason impossible to see with all the car and despite all my defensive driving there was no way of avoiding it. I was not alone hitting that poor car. **** happens in the pits on with the pit limiter way before and don´t accelerate to pit limiter. I changed down to 2nd to 1st though on the limiter I don´t know if that made me go 81 km/h and a stop and go for speeding.

So hot in here. Saving my strength for race 2. I have done enough practise and hot lapping on my own :)

well that was a waste of time. someone spun infront of me nowere to go and wrecked my car i hoped for a restart for stefan to get back on :(

We never restart servers unless there is a technical issue with the server itself.

all: guys refrain from chatting during the race itself as its not allowed and very distracting.

The race itself was mega(ne) fun to be honest. Really enjoyed the racing and nice large field! Top job see you next time :)

What a hard evening :). After good start from 3rd position, I somehow passed Axel, but I made a mistake and he came front of me in next lap. I could follow him and Frederick next 10 minutes, when my front tires started to giving up. I dont know why so early, maybe my brake balance wasn`t right, but OK. From behind came Gary and started to press on me. He was obviously faster, but also very fair and we had some very close battles. After 5 or 6 laps he passed me in the chicane and that was that. Well, he went in boxes two laps before the end of 30min race, so I climbed to 3rd position again, but he deserved podium much more than me :thumbsup:.

Tnx and cya next week.

Good race for me. Just joined in time for qualy. Didn't put in a superb Lap, but enough for pole. Since the last time I drove the Megane it changed im some areas. In Warm-Up I realised I need to get of the line in a diffrent way then what I was used to with the Megane.
My start was pretty bad and went directly to the left and touched Alex in P2 a bit. After that he was P3 and soon back in P2. I just managed the race from Lap 1. I did a lot of fuel and tyre saving just enough to keep a gap of 0,5 seconds. In the end my tyres were OK and I had 3l of fuel left, which was more than I expected.

The only difficult thing was sometimes to deal with the traffic, because I just drove a relatively slow pace, but everyone was giving more than enough room.

Really nice comeback to Tin Top racing.

:notworthy::poop:

What a dissaster for me that was. I found a good pace which would have been a good one to have a fight or two on track. Just before the race I checked if all setting were okay and pressed the "back" 1 time to many. :( I left the track and loaded myself right back into the race, but everyone already took off.
As we don't restart races I decided to watch you guys go around and enjoyed the fight for 1st (Axel and Freddy) and the fight for 3rd (Gary and Matej). I saw a lot of nice little battles all around and although I was not driving myself I enjoyed watch you guy go around,... and around... and around... :D
Thanx guys, I had great fun on TS! :thumbsup: Sorry for being such a stupid :notworthy::poop: to press "leave track" instead of "RACE". :p

Very high quality racing fun event for me, with only some very minor trials of the rF2 Meg before all I could remember was they are better than the minging rF2 Megs by far, but last night I realised just how good these cars are.
Getting close to reasonable pace was nice too with a second row start, the front 4 managed to make a break away early and I was happy just tagging along in 4th observing, the bulk of the evening was staring at the back of Matej' car until the shift in tyre life started to swing in my favour but still the pass was incredibly hard to execute, but then I could quickly pull away and even started chewing in to Axel' gap in 2nd from just over 6secs to just over 3secs, then I done one of my old classics of pitting for no reason with a couple of minutes to go with easily enough fuel and tyres more than happy to go to the finish :redface:.
Well done Fred Axel Matej

Many Thanks RD and organisers

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 262 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 172 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 169 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.6%