rF2 Renault Mègane @ Pukekohe - Tuesday 16th of July 2013

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
well, connection stayed strong thanks to a few tweaks.
i did my worse lap in quali so started well down.
i hugged the inside line for the first corner, trying to ensure i stayed out of trouble. however, i completely forgot there was a raised kerb on the inside. i ended up hitting it, leaping up in the air and then into the wall on the other side of the track. i must sincerely apologise to truls as i think i caught him. i really hope i didn't damage your car! fingers crossed. i wasn't exactly going fast, just a mistake with the kerb.sorry again!

anyway, limped back to pits, cutting track on the way (trying to straighten wheel). this incurred a stop go penalty which i served. gutted, i decided to race on and do a lap with a knackered car...to pit again for a long damage stop. however, i realised that i had pressed wrong button for limiter and incurred...another stop go. what a complete and utter disaster. i'm overworked i think.

hope to see you all tomorrow for the team battle, lessons learned!

I done the same thing with the curb lol escaped damage then but went wide on the last bend and got hooked onto that curb, threw me into the wall and I was having to steer left quite a bit :rolleyes: didn't actually know where the bit entrance was so passed it on the first attempt :laugh: going into it the 2nd time around I clipped the wall and got smashed about a bit before getting stuck.

I done the same thing with the curb lol escaped damage then but went wide on the last bend and got hooked onto that curb, threw me into the wall and I was having to steer left quite a bit :rolleyes: didn't actually know where the bit entrance was so passed it on the first attempt :laugh: going into it the 2nd time around I clipped the wall and got smashed about a bit before getting stuck.

i did pretty much the same and i watched frederic go over the curb, it's magnetic! :poop::roflmao:

That was rubbish got into P2 at the start but the tyre smoke from the car before the first chicane was so immense I was blind and at the 3rd time I crashed. Nobody's fault, but that just sucks. Had never such massive tyre smoke in rfactor2
i have always said the tire smoke is way to much.I never in all my life seen that much smoke in real life racing.when is the last time a real car spun and put of that kind of smoke.

i have always said the tire smoke is way to much.I never in all my life seen that much smoke in real life racing.when is the last time a real car spun and put of that kind of smoke.

Usually I have not such a big problem with it and i rarely lock up my tyres their, but the leader did it, which he is allowed to, but I was just driving blind there and if you hit the sausage behind the curb in race speed you end up in the wall...

Short race for me too.:)
I had a good start, later when i want to pass Davy (Lap1 and Lap3) over the long straight, he hit me and i was turned up in the stupid kerb. Not Davy's fault, i came fast in brake distance and he didn't see to i need a little space.

Robbed of a podium on the last lap as I ran out of fuel.

Had good pace, kept with the leaders, had a couple of good battles (mostly with Paul - thanks for the setup btw, it helped out). Fell away from the top 2 gradually. Tried to save fuel, but ran out and stopped on the last corner.

I think 2 shorter races would suit these cars best, to guarantee that there isn't a fuel stop needed. Or 1 longer race, of 45mins, to ensure everyone pits. That way we get some flat out racing all the way, rather than trying to back off and save fuel. Just pure racing. I'd prefer the 2 shorter races. Hopefully gives those caught up in race 1, a chance to try again in race 2. Especially given RF2's bugs and downfalls with the blinding tyre smoke, killer curbing and ultra sensitive damage.

Becouse of the too much smoke i turn off special effects.
Now i drove a lap with burning car, i didn t see it :)))
Don t know why it happened, i drove longer in the practice without problem.
But race was good fun till it lasted, wd all who finished, and to Davy and Andy for the hand in hand finish :))

Nice race ! i did a mistake in P2 on first lap si I was last. Then manage to avoir every accidents ;).
Nice fight with Ian who was faster than me ;) until 3 or 2 lap of the end !

agree with Nick for 2x20 races ! Keep pit stop for GTs ;)

That was a bizarre race yesterday. I had a great start and found myself on P4 after a few laps. Did okay for 20 mins but then I began losing concentration which resulted in many spins. I dropped to last position (8th) with two laps to go. I had been watching my fuel usage for the whole race and it seemed that I could just make it to the finish so I literally raged my way up the field on those laps when everyone else was short on fuel and finished in P3! :D My fuel ran out at T2 after finishing. :laugh:

2x20 + reverse grid for second race sounds great, but what I'm really waiting for is a RD League using these beasts... ;)

the results of the qualy and race.
Pukekohe Megane qualy.png
Pukekohe Megane Race.png

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline