rF2 Renault Clio vs Opel Corsa @ Croft - Tuesday May 28th 2013

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
It was also for me a great night, very fun to be driving with the new guys:thumbsup:
I wasn't very quick in practice, and qualified in the back of the field as I expected. So all my hopes were on avoiding collisions or making mistakes to get a good race result, which I didn't manage in the first race:rolleyes:

After avoiding some collisions at the first few corners, I was surprised someone was on the left side of my car, and spinned because of it, last position with 8 seconds gap to the guy in front of me. After that I was able to close the gap little by little and managed to overtake 2 or 3 guys because of mistakes they made, and finished 9th. Almost got Lakota in the end, he noticed as I touched his bumper wirth a small hit:D

Second race was the most fun for me, was in poleposition to see every crash that happend in the first lap:roflmao: Managed to avoid all crashes (except in the first corner, when I wanted to drive between the cars that spinned but took the wrong gap:D)
I was 8th after first corner, after avoiding al the other spins and crashed in front of me, and after the first lap I was trying to keep Axel behind me which went well, and had a great overtake on Lakota, lasting about 4 corners:thumbsup: In the end I managed to be third in the race:)

Will try to see if I can manage to put a video here of my overtake, but never did so before so not sure how to do it. Got a video with Fraps, but not sure how to show it as a video, without making it a download. I'm now gonna try to put it in my dropbox and share a link, that's the only thing I can think of. If you have any tips how let me know:)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7nlc0zqkadkw0jz/rFactor2 2013-05-29 11-12-21-72.avi

Yep Ian, I felt your touch in pre-last corner of first race ... you just told me, you were there, hehehe.

In second race, Stefan during his accident (described on previous site) pulled "my brake markers" out of the track, so I missed braking point and hit barriers badly, broke something in suspension and lost my corner speed. But still great and clean overtake from your side :thumbsup:.

:O_o:
osbep7xqtaqtydup9ix.jpg

Did you try to put your lights on? :roflmao:

Sorry, not so funny joke. :| I also had this once, or that only the sky / background is black with rF2...

There many peeps with fps drops etc last night... I also had huge drops last night and also felt everything was a bit laggy, just not smooth.. Is it the track? Is it the new build or... just a combination of these two together....Very annoying actually.... :(

Real pitty you couldn't join the races, I see you signed up for tonight so you can show your skills:thumbsup:

Well last time I was driving Palm Beach I wasn't competive at all, but see it as a challenge to overcome my lack of speed on this track;) Will be close racing for sure on that track:thumbsup:
It was close racing yesterday too. Top 8 in qualifying within a second and the races had many nice fights. The fact that I didn't get bored tells something :D

Good race guys ! I need to apologize to Dennis for big crash in 2nd race.
Unfortunatly it was in the fatest corner (170Kmh) so it was dificult to avoid it for me and i'm not realy confortable with overtaking. Whatever, I should have kept the left side of the road :

sorry =(

Edit: took out the video, as we we have policy not to post video's of incidents.

Hey Jordy, **** happens ;) I just saw your post here. No bad feelings here ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 423 39.7%