rF2 Renault Clio @ Sebring - Wednesday September 19th 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Here is what I have as shown in image below. Make sure you choose the mod before you enter the server.

I have also uploaded here just in case

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2on0fwd99nwwa49/RaceDepartment Renault Clio - Sebring.rfmod

8003772922_05ccbf2c7f_b.jpg

Great race for me. Much improved lap times from practice due to Stefan generously donating his setup to the slower drivers, which he may have regretted on the last lap!

Started in 3rd behind Henrik, and had a few slow laps combined with a little battle with the no. 2 driver, so Stefan pulled away. A few laps later I managed to get into second place. By this time Stefan was over 4 seconds away.

Kept my concentration for a few laps to get some distance from Henrik and was about 2.5 seconds ahead, but still wasn't gaining on the no. 1 driver. So I relaxed for a few more laps giving up hope of getting into 1st place. By this time Henrik was a second behind me.

Both myself and Henrik started getting best lap time and Stefan was less than 4 seconds away. By the looks of things he lost control of the car (probabley from boredom), which put me within 2 seconds of his rear end.

Chasing Stefan around for the last 3 laps being now within a second of him, gave me some hope of him cracking under pressure. He didn't :( I got into his draft before the final corner and maybe if I had done the world perfect dive bomb, I could have past, although he did block the last second.

Not worth risk of ruining a fun and competitive event and IMO to far for the dive bomb. Second place was good enough for me.

And if you read all of that you deserve a cookie also...

just like to say "thanks" to all. lot of respectful racing tonight. i improved my best time during the race to a 1.13.5 which was decent for a newbie. i wasn't too far off pace with about 3 guys in front early on and was doing ok when matt and bjorn? had spins. i then spun myself and at one point, matt overtook me. with bjorn behind me, i don't know if there was contact or not but seemed to lose the back end. after than bjorn just edged away with consistently better pace..i was hoping either him or matt would make a slight mistake but no such look. for the remainder of the race, i enjoyed seeing the times between matt and bjorn. i think bjorn caught matt so was surprised as matt had held the gap for most of the race.i'm new to this style of driving as i'm used to more arcady f1 2011 and open wheelers. if i can find the time, would be good to focus on one style and improve. might focus my attention to the 300 miles of sebring which should be amazing. hopefully i can be more competitive there.

thanks for the setup and respect. cheers

I absolutely loved it. Havent done much with rfactor 2 lately and have been trying to make some of these club events so that I can see what it's like in multiplayer. Work had killed a few of these attempts but luckily I was able to get one in and was especially glad because Sebring is my all time favorite track, regardless of layout.

I had done a few laps of practice and stopped in the 1:14's because someone had said 1:17 or lower would be good. I was shocked to get on the server and see 11's and 12's. I knew I was going to have to drive it more agressively to get those times and ended up qualying with a low 1:13 in 8th or 9th but I felt 1:12's were possible.

The top guys were untouchable so I decided to take it easy at the start and dropped back quite a few places. Had a good mini battle with Scott for a while until he retired and spend the final 20 minutes trying to catch 7th place. I got it from 6 seconds down to 2 with about 10 minutes to go but then I started making dumb mistakes. If I would have just stayed calm I think we could have been in for a great fight to the end, but it wasn't to be. I wish I remembered the guy's name. Finished in 8th though and managed a 1:12.4 in race which I was happy with.

The one thing this race did though is completely hook me on rfactor 2. The sounds of the clios accompanied with the great force feedback really sucked me in. So, thank you to the organizers and to all who showed. We had a pretty decent turnout :)

I never drove this track and joined 5 min before the end of practice and just qualified in P11, but after the first lap I made my way up to P6 with some very clear racing and good car positioning and made up another place up to P5. I got some pressure from behind and ran wide and lost P5 after that I was always catching and loosing to P5. First laps were really fun, but I still don't like the Clio FWD and relatively low power just are not my thing, but had a lot of fun anyway.

You're welcome for the setup guys, glad it helped you improve your times :)

So...qualify was very tight between myself, Craig, Henrik and Eddie....it was pretty exciting and I had to push to the limit to get ahead.

I have to admit that my race was very boring. At the start I pulled away and got a 2 second lead. I was seeing Craig and Henrik racing each other so I am sure that helped a bit. Then I pulled away to 4 seconds and at some stage Craig passed Henrik.

To be honest, I was not pushing to the limit, I just drove fast enough to keep the gap.....BUT.....I was lonely there in the front and lost the concentration and missed a braking point. Craig was now 2 to 1 sec behind....I got the concentration again and pulled away.

Then again I lost the concentration. Actually, I think someone knocked down the 200m sign and I missed the braking point again. This time Craig got up to my @$$ and I said..."Oh no...not in the last laps!" Though I remained calm, I knew he needed me to make a mistake...so I did not extra push, I kept my rhythm. This enabled him to get closer but not enough to pass.

Last lap was quite exciting and it ended well. In the last corners, Craig got very close and I thought he was going to dive bomb after the long straight, but watching the replay, he was not close enough to do that. You have my respect for not doing it Craig!!! In general, people would do it. This is how I know when someone is professional and respectful! :thumbsup:

Anyway, all in all it was a great event! I love the Clio, FFB is awesome and like Nathan said Sebring is one of my favorites too :) We had the best turn around of people too!!

Good job guys and thanks for organizing this. See you next time!

Guilty as charged for taking out the 200 meter board :) got a tire on the grass, hit the brakes, and it pulled me left at the board. Of course it had to be the one i was using lol.

Hehehe...ok, so it was you then :p Well, to be honest, I brake there just before the 100m, but since the 200m was missing I braked after I hit the 100m lol, so really my mistake as I was driving on auto pilot....until Craig arrived behind my @$$! :D

Had a good mini battle with Scott for a while until he retired and spend the final 20 minutes trying to catch 7th place. I got it from 6 seconds down to 2 with about 10 minutes to go but then I started making dumb mistakes. If I would have just stayed calm I think we could have been in for a great fight to the end, but it wasn't to be. I wish I remembered the guy's name. Finished in 8th though and managed a 1:12.4 in race which I was happy with.

That was me :), was a little bit reliefed seeing you doing mistakes in my mirror :), as I felt you were a bit faster than me, my distance to the folks in front of me was actually doing the same, between 6 and 2 seconds. In the end I took off a little bit preasure, to ensure to make it to the finish line in one piece :).

Good racing all together!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing