rF2 Renault CLIO @ Mid Ohio - Wednesday September 5th 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I had an teriible race. These curbs are horrible for these cars. I have been rolling over like 8 times which didn't make the car handle better. :p
I spent about 600 seconds in the pit for repairs. When I went in I forgot to change the fuel level, so they sent me out with a full tank which didn't make me go quicker either. :D

I have no idea why there were so many server problems. When I put up the server a couple of days ago, I just could connect and drive, but last night it was a true nightmare :confused:

Yep, I kept trying to get into server when finally I managed to log into the server for the last 4 minutes of qualification. Phew. Just made it in.

Managed to get pole but had a bad start and Jimi took the lead. So the next 6 laps I was stuck to his a$$ but he was defending well and I could not get through. Was really fun!

Then Jimi went a bit wide in mid sector and I managed to squeeze in but unfortunately we touched in the next corner. Here is the vid. I am not sure if this is considered a racing accident, or his fault or if it was my fault and if I should have given him back the lead...would like to know your opinion. I'm the one in the white car and Jimi white/blue.

From then onwards, it wasn't that hard but felt bad for Jimi as we were having fun. Anyway, it was my first win in RD :)

Stefan, normally we don't post video's of incidents on the forum. If you want to file an incident report. Sent the video with different angles to the organiser (me in this case) and descibe what happened.

I don't see much in the vid above. You were on the race line and in front. You could have given a bit room to Jimi, but Jimi could have hold back a bit. A race incident I would say.
When I was in the pit I was watching you two battle very closely and fair, too bad it ended like this.

Sorry for the vid post Stefan, I'll keep it in mind for next no. Nooo, I don't want to file an incident report, I just felt bad for both of us it ended that way as it was a nice battle and just wanted to know if I was at fault so that I learn for next time.

Cheers

No issues from my side Stefan it was a good clean race until then, you were very fast and I was amazed to stay ahead for as long as I did. I watched it back last night, however I'm no good with replays and didn't find that overhead view. Way I saw it was you took your normal line pointing at the apex, maybe could have given me more room, but from overhead you were further infront than I remember so it is really just a racing incident. Certainly no hard feelings and congrats on the win, first one on RD is a good feeling and well deserved.

Sorry I left the room, I rolled and damaged the car. Normally I would stick around to the end but had a very long day in work and needed sleep!

Thanks for running the event Stefan W, and for the good close battle Stefan M! :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%