1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing track map off screen

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by ozsprinter, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Hey crew...there is probably an easy answer to this I hope...how can the track map be removed off the sceen when driving in cockpit view?

Any help appreciated...oz
  2. one of the keyboard numbers I think, 1,2,3,4, 5 or 6
  3. Iirc keys doesn't work. Rename d3d9.dll, locates in game install dir, to something else (for example backup_d3d9.dll). Been a while since I did it, but if my memory serves me right that's how it's done.
  4. Hi Ozsprinter

This is number 0 of your keypad (right of the keyboard)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

The d3d9.dll renaming is to eliminate all other options as well. It takes all the plugins away, and I believe all telemetry as well.

If you have an issue with a installed plugin, rename (or remove) the d3d9.dll file. If it's just something you do not want to see displayed, you should be able to look the qppropriate key up in the settings/mappings section of your config.

In this case, I believe it is indeed the 0 of the NUM Keypad.
  6. What you mean with all plugins? I've renamed the file and everything seems to work just fine. Tho I haven't check telemetry with trucks for awhile, have to check that tonight. I have couple of extra plugins installed and everything works.
    Renaming/removing .dll was the method someone mentioned here around the game release. I tried keys first but nothing seemed to work and so I ended up renaming the .dll. Tho my keyboard in simrig isn't the mormal one. It doesn't have "separate" numpad. Maybe that's why keys doesn't work for me.
  7. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Possible indeed. I believe you can set the keys in your settings screen as well.
    Removing the DLL removes some functinality that comes from plugins. When you install a new plugin, the D3D9.dll is mostly overwritten. By renaming or removing it, the plugin is (partly) deativated. I believe its a DX9 DLL, used for certain data output.
  8. I think I'll put the .dll back to business then and find other way to get rid of the track map.

Thanks for the info Marco.
  9. Like said above, hit the zero button. Hitting it twice I believe will completely remove the track map. If you're looking for extra performance, removing the track map will help some.
  10. Great help everyone...I think the 0 on the number pad was the only key I did not try lol!

I see there is an on line race coming up at Intergalos...but the time of it kills me...4.30am where I am...otherwise I would be there for sure
  11. Dear Guy's, tried this but does not remove the map???
    Any other option maybe? Thanks
  12. Here: \FTruck2013\Plugins\TrackMap open the file called TrackMapConf and then edit this line:

//ModeMap = [ OFF | FIX | ROTATION ]
    ModeMap =OFF
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks Antonio, appriciated!
    • Like Like x 1