Removing STCC logos from A4 headlights with Photoshop.

Mark Gormley

#14 | The Silent Killer
As the title aludes, I'm attempting to move the STCC logos from the headlights of my Audi but I'm ending up with a grey silhouette. I'm assuming this process is then more complex than just pressing delete? I've also noticed I've got 'T. Kristofferson' silhouetted across the rear window.

If anyone has any idea of how to remove these too I'd be much appreciative.

These logos are also in the alpha channel. I don't use Photoshop so I can't tell you exactly what to do, but you have to open alpha channel (where you change transparency for the names) and repaint the logos and the Kristofferson writing with the surrounding colour of the window. Especially at the back with all those little lines it's impossible to be 100% accurate, unless there's a trick I don't know.

You could also try this window file, but as I don't use Photoshop, I don't know if it will work for you.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QABNNKD1

He is right, just check the alpha channel at the channels tab, and uncheck the RGB, you will have something like a gray scale, just copy the gray color next to the logo, and paint the silhouette, the headlight must be all the "same gray tone". Save and its done. ;)

I have been doing some weird stuff with the alpha channel layer, you can create those headlight masks and everything, the only problem is when you turn on the lights, it goes thru the "mask".

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 228 14.0%