• Home of the RD Le Mans Series by Vesaro
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing STCC logos from A4 headlights with Photoshop.

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Mark Gormley, Aug 21, 2011.

  1. Mark Gormley

    Mark Gormley
    #14 | The Silent Killer

    As the title aludes, I'm attempting to move the STCC logos from the headlights of my Audi but I'm ending up with a grey silhouette. I'm assuming this process is then more complex than just pressing delete? I've also noticed I've got 'T. Kristofferson' silhouetted across the rear window.

    If anyone has any idea of how to remove these too I'd be much appreciative.
  2. Robert Wiesenmüller

    Robert Wiesenmüller
    The one and only Premium

    These logos are also in the alpha channel. I don't use Photoshop so I can't tell you exactly what to do, but you have to open alpha channel (where you change transparency for the names) and repaint the logos and the Kristofferson writing with the surrounding colour of the window. Especially at the back with all those little lines it's impossible to be 100% accurate, unless there's a trick I don't know.

    You could also try this window file, but as I don't use Photoshop, I don't know if it will work for you.

  3. He is right, just check the alpha channel at the channels tab, and uncheck the RGB, you will have something like a gray scale, just copy the gray color next to the logo, and paint the silhouette, the headlight must be all the "same gray tone". Save and its done. ;)

    I have been doing some weird stuff with the alpha channel layer, you can create those headlight masks and everything, the only problem is when you turn on the lights, it goes thru the "mask".
  4. I have already made some clean windows if you want here
  5. Mark Gormley

    Mark Gormley
    #14 | The Silent Killer

    Many many thanks chaps, learned something new about Photoshop and was able to resolve my issue in 2 minutes my duplicating my layers onto Simons document and overwriting the .dds.

    Good work team!