Remove excessive rumble effects on outer kerbs

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
I have disabled already all road effects in the game but still the outer kerbstone create a massive rumble effect on my G27 wheel. (I am sure my neighbors aren't happy with me lately :D).

How do i lower this effect on the kerbs (sawtooth mainly)? The inner and lower kerbs are just fine.

Guess not all G27s are created equal, as i dont have anything as bad as described with mine.
100% in global profiler, 85% in game, 0% everything else.
Centre dead spot is not as pronounced as i have found in other sims so no need for 101/107 to combat that, and the general feedback is smooth not clacky as described by others.
Lucky old me :)

@Bram Hengeveld

This will improve things considerably:

https://plus.google.com/photos/113839068734380231178/albums/5691461502139407841

I bought a G27 as replacement for my 6 year old G25 recently and did this before even using the wheel for the first time.
The wheel is a bit quieter and slightly more direct now, deadzone at center close to zero.
It's really not hard to pull off, i used the above link and this here as manual:

http://jlvrh.de/G27_UK.htm

Only thing you need to make sure when reassembling is that the "tooth-sled" is exactly in the middle, otherwise the wheel won't calibrate.

Mind you, it doesn't transform the G27 into a servo wheel but i'm very happy with the small improvements as the deadzone & rattle were pretty much my only gripes with the G27.

@Bram Hengeveld

This will improve things considerably:

https://plus.google.com/photos/113839068734380231178/albums/5691461502139407841

I bought a G27 as replacement for my 6 year old G25 recently and did this before even using the wheel for the first time.
The wheel is a bit quieter and slightly more direct now, deadzone at center close to zero.
It's really not hard to pull off, i used the above link and this here as manual:

http://jlvrh.de/G27_UK.htm

Only thing you need to make sure when reassembling is that the "tooth-sled" is exactly in the middle, otherwise the wheel won't calibrate.

Mind you, it doesn't transform the G27 into a servo wheel but i'm very happy with the small improvements as the deadzone & rattle were pretty much my only gripes with the G27.

I have done this mod to a friend's G27 , didnt work as well as expected though. It removed some noise but not completely.

Cant believe that logitech actually f0rked it up like that since G25 is fine...

No it won't make the G27 completely silent, this much is sure. But it does make a difference.
Did you maybe try to tighten the screws a bit more? I screwed them in until the wheel resistance started to increase, then loosened them by half a turn.

Logitech should've indeed used a different solution, those weak springs are a joke.

Edit: The rattle i get on kerbs is a lot more quiet with my modded wheel, it's closer to a vibrating phone than to tin-cans tied up to a newlyweds car (like before).

I am getting heavily frustrated by the massive rumbles, to a point that I am considering to just leave the game for what it is for now and try again after v1.0.

Can't even fire up a late name game anymore as I fear Ill wake up my neighbors.

Have been through all the suggestions and settings but nothing seems to resolve the excessive effects.

There is something fundamentally wrong with this wheel in AC thats for sure and I am not going to open up my wheel (bye bye warranty) or buy additional modded stuff to get it fixed. Works fine in other games so why can't it be in AC? The majority of the people with a wheel use a logitech so there must be an extremely large group running into these issues.

My settings for AC below:

Logitech Profiler:
Overall Effects - 70% (You can go up to 107% to get better low speed feel)
Spring Effect - 0%
Damper Effect - 0%
Centering Spring - 0%

Degrees of Rotation - 900

AC Settings:
Gain - 70%
Filter - 40%
Damping - 10%
Kerb Effects - 35%
Road Effects - 60%
Slip Effects - 20%

Working perfectly for myself :) Hopefully it works well for some of you as well.

No issues at all here.

Could it be a G27 issue rather than an AC issue?

The G27 is a noisy wheel, period. I jokingly told Bram to get a belt driven wheel as they are quieter. It is a solution that is guaranteed to work but I also understand Bram's response that he's not buying another wheel. Its pretty obvious though based on multiple user reports that the FFB effect is pretty strong in this case and thus causing those people with G27's to experience this problem but I don't see anyone else with other wheels saying its a problem. Logic would dictate that its the G27 that has this issue. I'm not bashing the G27, its a fine wheel at its price point but it does have some annoying tendenacies(noise) which is the exact reason why I sold mine and bought a belt driven wheel. That being said, some people are really offended to hear that a specific wheel they own isn't perfect in every regard and thus like to rate any posts related to these G27 tendancies as "dislike" as a way to voice their misguided displeasure.

Above would be true if the wheel didn't work perfectly in other games: which it does.

No issues at all, only in AC on the outer kerbs.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 392 40.1%