Remembering Ayrton Senna: 23 Years On

I never heard about Formula One until I saw the Senna drive at Donington 1993 in the rain.....I was amazed of his drive in the wet .....especially the first lap. I was sold on the sport Thanks to Ayrton Senna ! Then the onboard qualifying laps which he stated he held his breath during the lap.

I started watching F1 around 1985 when Senna was at Lotus. It was his driving style. Fearless behind the wheel. As many I remember that tragic day. He drove in era with so many greats, this why to me he is the greatest driver.

Reactions: DND
Died while doing what he was born for, what he was living for.
For me his death marked the end of F1, i kept on watching a few years, but F1 has changed and turned into something i wasn't interested watching anymore.

But the whole weekend was a nightmare ...
Barichello's horrible crash on Friday,
Ratzenberger's death on Saturday,
Lamy crashing into Lehto could easily be another fatality.
Then Senna's accident...

Great post. I saw 91-94 season (not sure thought) and I was 10 years old when I saw his death I don't remember much from my childhood but this moment stands out, the image is permanently burn in my memory.

I remember that i didn't like him at all. It was until his last full season in 1993 i started to like him a bit. It was a shocker that he fatally crashed, but Roland's crash was a shocking moment too. Someone who spent his whole career to achieve one goal: to race in a Formula 1 car.

beautiful work of art, i want to buy it ! where did you find it?

here is my drawing i did of senna a few years ago.
senna_by_shimon_ifraimov-d6doz1s.jpg
Nice work from you!

-

The painting is from Oleg Konin and is either called "Formula Alone" or "If Only..." (Funny thing i named the exact same words above).

I've seen the picture i posted before and remembered it.
I googled "senna 1994 alive imola" or something like that and the first result already was the one i searched for.

Strange thing, i can't find the exact source anymore. When i posted it here a few days ago i just copied the link blindly without visiting the source-site.

Now when i google the words i suggested above, i find a post from @Jimlaad43, posted on the 20 year-remembering thread. Guess i originally saw it there.

Now, the picture that Jimlaad43 posted has a small difference: It has a bit more content, the picture i posted was cropped apparently. And the uncropped reveals that this work was created by Oleg Konin for the Autosport magazine. I imagine.

Senna-dopo-incidente-imola-1994.jpg

bf9005e3c220b6dd92173106d85b504c.jpg

And on this site https://fineartamerica.com/featured/formula-alone-oleg-konin.html it says that the original is worth about 180,000 USD in 2018.

Nice work from you!

-

The painting is from Oleg Konin and is either called "Formula Alone" or "If Only..." (Funny thing i named the exact same words above).

I've seen the picture i posted before and remembered it.
I googled "senna 1994 alive imola" or something like that and the first result already was the one i searched for.

Strange thing, i can't find the exact source anymore. When i posted it here a few days ago i just copied the link blindly without visiting the source-site.

Now when i google the words i suggested above, i find a post from @Jimlaad43, posted on the 20 year-remembering thread. Guess i originally saw it there.

Now, the picture that Jimlaad43 posted has a small difference: It has a bit more content, the picture i posted was cropped apparently. And the uncropped reveals that this work was created by Oleg Konin for the Autosport magazine. I imagine.

Senna-dopo-incidente-imola-1994.jpg

bf9005e3c220b6dd92173106d85b504c.jpg

And on this site https://fineartamerica.com/featured/formula-alone-oleg-konin.html it says that the original is worth about 180,000 USD in 2018.

holy ****, 180K
i think a print will be just fine lol

No need to say my piece on Senna. I'm Brazilian, so I'm biased towards Senna at any day of the week, right or not.

But I'll say this: that May 1st 1994 I've seen something I probably never seen later on my life: I saw my dad cry.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%