AC Reliant Robin @ Magione - Thu 14.08.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Normally I might take a bit of pressure out of the tyres but I'm wondering if that's a good idea with this car? A soft compressible tyre might encourage more rolling. Would high tyre pressures at the rear reduce grip but reduce the chance of rolling?

I've tried it and higher tyre pressures make the rolling a lot worse. Lower pressures really affect acceleration though, so I'm not really sure what to do either :p

my expert setup skills results are in:
sWoKm2Y.jpg

Well that definitely was something. Not sure how to describe that something, but the words "rolling" and "upside down" would probably feature somewhere I'd guess. :p

Think I was the only one to wait for the field to pass before re-entering after a terminal roll that sends you to the pits. 2 of my 3 rolls came early and by the time I had my final one the field was already such a mess that I didn't wait and "finished" 7th. :p

In reality I think I was anywhere from 9th to 12th. Actually had a wheel to wheel battle with Florea for a few laps in the middle of the race, which was not only a miracle that we both survived for so long but it was good fun too!

Well worth it for the laughs, cheers guys. :D

Ye the pit problem is something that should be addressed by Kunos, it's there since the beginning. Pretty sure the first two forgot to wait for us non flippers. :) Anyway it was plenty of fun, including a proper scare 1 lap before the end.

phew.gif

Bit of a noob question, whats the easiest way of converting these replays into mp4/3? :)

And make them smaller in size.

That was a pretty epic race. :roflmao: Couldn't put my best lap together in qualifying, I saw a 1:55 pop up a few times but I always ruined the lap at some stage. I got into the front pack in the early laps but hit the curb on curvo murvo and flipped the car. Got sent to back to the pits which put me in first so I waited for the guys that were in front of me to pass again, I probably should have waited for @Henri Sinik to pass me aswell but you didn't need any help Henri, you got past anyway, some nice battles though. I think it was @Cayd Breslin that made a mistake on the last few corners and we were side by side through the last few corners, I think I was a nose ahead at the line.

The whole race got saved in the replay, I'll see if I can upload it, it was a funny replay.

That was a pretty epic race. :roflmao: Couldn't put my best lap together in qualifying, I saw a 1:55 pop up a few times but I always ruined the lap at some stage. I got into the front pack in the early laps but hit the curb on curvo murvo and flipped the car. Got sent to back to the pits which put me in first so I waited for the guys that were in front of me to pass again, I probably should have waited for @Henri Sinik to pass me aswell but you didn't need any help Henri, you got past anyway, some nice battles though. I think it was @Cayd Breslin that made a mistake on the last few corners and we were side by side through the last few corners, I think I was a nose ahead at the line.

The whole race got saved in the replay, I'll see if I can upload it, it was a funny replay.
So when's the next race planned for, it sure looks like lots of fun? Could someone put up a server with RR and one of the shorter circuits, my internet connection is not up to the standards for server hosting?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back