1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Reiza Studios working on new mod for rFactor?

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Bram, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

A few interesting screenshots have surfaced on the facebook page of Reiza Studios some minutes ago showing a big truck and an openwheeler car.

Will this be another new modification for rFactor after the successful release of their Formula Armaroli a few months back?

Judge it yourself from the screenshots below!

Reiza1.jpg

Reiza2.jpg

Reiza3.jpg

2. Looks interesting...:cool:

3. First pic = some South American truck racing championship? :D

4. I think Formula Amaroli was intended as a "demo"/publicity generator. My understanding is they are a professional development team. I would guess the work above will be for sale rather than a mod for rFactor.

5. i have read into what they are doing on other sites is they are making a full game bast on the isi platform just like with ARCA and Formula Super League so it could well be stuff from thet either way looks really good

6. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

As long as the quality is good I have no problem paying for stuff. I hope they have success with it.

7. Bram

Bram

Personally I don't mind if whole rfactor 2 was setup like that. Bye bye crappy mods and bring on the quality content.

8. No-one makes you play the crappy mods :p

I'm not sure how making mods for rF1 and selling them is going to work? Surely someone will simply get the files and upload them somewhere? It must surely be a standalone game. Even that will be quickly converted to rFactor - look at SLF and TC2000.

9. Bram

Bram

When people can earn some money they suddenly get creative, innovative and deliver quality. In the end that is what I am looking for a in sim: top quality. No half cooked mods, and the 10th version of an ancient track that is converted again, but original quality stuff.

Isn't the new ARCA game also based on rFactor 2?

10. Indeed it will be. I'm not 100% sure it's the exact updated GMotor engine that rF2 will use but pretty close.

And you are right when people earn money they do get 'better'. A classic example of this is Xbox Live vs Playstation Network.

11. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp
    Image Space Incorporated

Passion can be an even bigger motivator than a bit of money to constantly keep improving your skills. And passion can get you somewhere too :) .

12. Bram

Bram

^So true^

13. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium Member

Money isn't a motivator, it just gives you time to get things done :)