Reiza Studios Tease Cadwell Park

Chris

Premium
Cadwell_Park.JPG
Reiza Studios have given us the first teaser of the legendary British racetrack: Cadwell Park, soon to be released in Automobilista.

This beautiful ribbon of tarmac weaves its way through eight kilometres of English countryside (Lincolnshire to be exact) and features vast expanses of grassy run-off and huge undulation changes. Whilst there is no release date given, the British track has been announced and in the works for some time. In addition to Cadwell Park, Reiza is planning to implement Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Imola and Hockenheim further down the road.

Despite the interesting nature of the many Brazilian tracks featured in Automobilista - due to their relative obscurity - the game is hiding in somewhat of a niche within a niche. These soon-to-be-released tracks should hopefully bring more attention to this vastly underrated sim as they are all fantastic additions.

Are you looking forward to racing on Cadwell Park? Let us know what your thoughts are on Reiza's direction with regards to content for AMS!

Last edited:
Oh if only Raceroom would release some British tracks like this... all this currently has is the neutered Brands Hatch Indy layout...

Does AMS have Silverstone too? If it's going to have Silverstone, Cadwell Park, Oulton Park and the full Brands Hatch layout I may have to pick up AMS the next time it's on sale...

Yes, great news there! Very nice to see these british track coming. With their leading track builder being from UK (Alex Sawczuk), I'm sure they will be pretty accurate… :)

Does AMS have Silverstone too? If it's going to have Silverstone, Cadwell Park, Oulton Park and the full Brands Hatch layout I may have to pick up AMS the next time it's on sale...
I thinkReiza did not make any announcement for Silverstone… Patrick Giranthon seems to try to make one but has not been successful so far… He has quite high expectations and did not find a proper base to work with! His tracks are almost up to Reiza standard. In any case, even without Silverstone I would recommend AMS, and I think I'm not the only one… :)

As a West Country guy I will put in recommendations for Castle Coombe and Thruxton both classic British "airfield" circuits. The Castle Coombe for SCE works okay in AMS but could do with some AMS love.

I hope Patrick can make some progress with Silverstone as despite it being done-to-death in every sim ever it is a circuit all sims should have.

I actually liked GSC and Automobilista because of the Brazilian tracks.

There are something different from the norm and in most cases are great tracks to drive as well. Velopark for example is a simple layout but it's just great for racing on.

Love the fact that they are trying to put in circuits that are still slightly unknown outside of their own country. The VIR circuit is great fun.

Thought Imola was already there in historic form? Maybe they're going to do a few different layouts for this one as well.

View attachment 138738 Reiza Studios have given us the first teaser of the legendary British racetrack: Cadwell Park, soon to be released in Automobilista.

This beautiful ribbon of tarmac weaves its way through eight kilometres of English countryside (Lincolnshire to be exact) and features vast expanses of grassy run-off and huge undulation changes. Whilst there is no release date given, the British track has been announced and in the works for some time. In addition to Cadwell Park, Reiza is planning to implement Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Imola and Hockenheim further down the road.

Despite the interesting nature of the many Brazilian tracks featured in Automobilista - due to their relative obscurity - the game is hiding in somewhat of a niche within a niche. These soon-to-be-released tracks should hopefully bring more attention to this vastly underrated sim as they are all fantastic additions.

Are you looking forward to racing on Cadwell Park? Let us know what your thoughts are on Reiza's direction with regards to content for AMS!
great circuit have been there on a number of occasions can recommend,although as others have mentioned there are a number of great British tracks to possibly copy

I like most brazilian tracks, but much of them are a bit to small for me. VIR is great ! Its like a little Nords with better curbs. :D My favorite at the moment. And these cadwell track is on the same quality level in fact of variety and challenge. Wow, what a elevation difference, :confused:, like a freaking roller coaster.

And i like the last sector with nice trees close to the track. Surely looks pretty nice in the summer, i guess.

I look forward to it. :thumbsup:

I love AMS/GSCE tracks but, I'm too old to learn all those new Brasilian layouts, so it would be fine to have some much more familiar. Love big elevation changes so I wellcome Cadwell, of course. :thumbsup:

Since they plan Hockenheim I really hope the will do the old layout too. And, knowing their work so far I believe they would. Though many will find old layout quite boring, I really miss that layout, beloved since I done thousands of laps on it in good old Grand Prix II. Ahh... good old times. Long gone though... :unsure:
21_big.jpg

Last edited:
They have confirmed old Hockenheim yeah, I'm in that group that finds it real boring but I'm happy the option is gonna be there. The older open wheel cars need more period tracks to race on.

What an awesome circuit this is, marshalled hear for many years as a youth, and managed a few laps on those quiet days, great fun, be careful on the gooseneck ;-)

A very surprising but wonderful addition to see this from Reiza.

It kinda feels like an unusual choice of track for the game. I'm not complaining, but just curious as to why tracks like Cadwell and Oulton get into games like AMS...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 248 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%